You ever have one of those days where you literally felt like you got nothing done, but you were busy all day??? This hasn't happened to me in awhile. Usually when I get nothing done, I've actually enjoyed it. As in, I have read or knitted all day, you know? But from the time I was up, I was busy, and then by 6 pm I thought, "Crap. I just didn't get stuff done." But I did get a great visit in with my lovely niece (Hi JENNY!). That was awesome, I never get to have her all to myself! It was nice for Ellie too, Ayana slept the whole time. Then around 430, Ellie had signs all over the place with arrows directing me to the family room which had another sign announcing a family meeting. On the dry erase board was another note saying to meet her on the couch. She was sitting there and she very formally announced that we were to (and I'm quoting here) "bow our heads and have a 2 minute moment of silence for all of those who died in wars." So we literally sat with our heads down for 2 solid minutes. It was just so sweet. And made me realize that today was not just any other day. Even as I type this I realized that I defintely did not do my part to honor anyone today. I stink. Then she had me blow up red balloons and had signs then announcing that the rememberance day party was to be happening downstairs when Ayana goes to bed. The best part was that Regan arrived home super early and was able to join in the fun! So we played Mario party 8 (which I loathe, but whatever) and I tried not to be irritable.
She's such a great kid. Now of course I want to run up to her room where she is probably sleeping by now and wake her up and tell her that! :)
Have a great night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am the worst....i actually kinda forgot yesterday was Rememberance day. We were out doing errands trying to get ready for our trip, Xmas, etc..and at 11am the music stopped on the radio and I was thinking "what the heck..." as i tried turning it up. Oops. It took Grace telling me from the bckseat to look at the clock and that it was a moment of silence....what a role model I am !
What a sweet girl you have.
All four of my kids are sick with some kind of stomach crampy, feverish symptoms so I had lots of moments of silence yesterday as they all slept on & off all day - but I didn't do anything to commemorate those who fought for us. How sad that a young girl has to remind us all to honor the veterans.
Many of my relatives fought in both wars too & I didn't even think to honor them. I was just happy to have a paid day off. I know I am pathetic & ashamed.
Post a Comment