
Good morning! Today is laundry day, and I'm watching Season one of "Arrested Development". I seriously love this show!! I wish they never cancelled it. But at least I have them on DVD! The new show "Samantha Who" is great and the character Buster from AD is on it as her wack-a-do psychiatrist. He is soooo funny!!!!
Ayana is so cute! She cracks us up every day! Her newest words are "up" (finally! We've been waiting forever for that one!), truck (sounds like "guck"), and "cheese". I am definately going to keep track of her words for our next follow up appointment at the clinic in the new year. I am a bit worried that she seems a bit behind in her language development. This is compared to other children adopted from the same place at around the same age. Anyway, you hate to compare, but I want to stay on top of it in case she needs some help. Oh, and she also has started nodding too for yes. This is SUPER cute, and I'm not even sure how she picked it up because we never actively taught her how to nod. Her little sense of humour is so cute and she loves to make us laugh!
Ellie turns 9 years old this weekend! Wow. Seriously people, where does the time go?? This is her last year of single digits and that seems huge to me! She still gets excited about her birthday which is very fun.
Last night when I told her it was bathtime she was loitering downstairs as usual, which drives me crazy! So I'm yelling downstairs and she finally came up. Then we washed her hair and then she started to beg relentlessly to stay up a bit later to watch TV. I held my ground, but it was brutal. She was brutal. Then she got out of the tub all in a snit, and then got all mouthy when her teeth were being brushed and I let her have it. She was in trouble. Fast forward to apologies and hugs and kisses goodnight, and then more stalling by her to which added my annoyance and I again was impatient. Finally with more hugs and kissing I left the room and went downstairs while she was falling asleep and went to check my e-mail. That's when I saw the "Color explosion Glow Board" all lit up bright with the words, "I LOVE YOU MOM!!!" Written on it. I immediately burst into tears realizing that the reason she was loitering in the first place for her bath was because she was leaving me this precious thoughtful note. I went upstairs and knocked on her door and told her how much I LOVED the note and that it made me cry. We hugged, we cried, we told each other all those things to say. I told her I was sorry for being so impatient sometimes, and she told me how sorry she was that she doesn't listen, and that she knows how much that drives me crazy. Anyway, it was lovely, but yanked on the 'ol heart strings.
Ah, kids.
Ayana is so cute! She cracks us up every day! Her newest words are "up" (finally! We've been waiting forever for that one!), truck (sounds like "guck"), and "cheese". I am definately going to keep track of her words for our next follow up appointment at the clinic in the new year. I am a bit worried that she seems a bit behind in her language development. This is compared to other children adopted from the same place at around the same age. Anyway, you hate to compare, but I want to stay on top of it in case she needs some help. Oh, and she also has started nodding too for yes. This is SUPER cute, and I'm not even sure how she picked it up because we never actively taught her how to nod. Her little sense of humour is so cute and she loves to make us laugh!
Ellie turns 9 years old this weekend! Wow. Seriously people, where does the time go?? This is her last year of single digits and that seems huge to me! She still gets excited about her birthday which is very fun.
Last night when I told her it was bathtime she was loitering downstairs as usual, which drives me crazy! So I'm yelling downstairs and she finally came up. Then we washed her hair and then she started to beg relentlessly to stay up a bit later to watch TV. I held my ground, but it was brutal. She was brutal. Then she got out of the tub all in a snit, and then got all mouthy when her teeth were being brushed and I let her have it. She was in trouble. Fast forward to apologies and hugs and kisses goodnight, and then more stalling by her to which added my annoyance and I again was impatient. Finally with more hugs and kissing I left the room and went downstairs while she was falling asleep and went to check my e-mail. That's when I saw the "Color explosion Glow Board" all lit up bright with the words, "I LOVE YOU MOM!!!" Written on it. I immediately burst into tears realizing that the reason she was loitering in the first place for her bath was because she was leaving me this precious thoughtful note. I went upstairs and knocked on her door and told her how much I LOVED the note and that it made me cry. We hugged, we cried, we told each other all those things to say. I told her I was sorry for being so impatient sometimes, and she told me how sorry she was that she doesn't listen, and that she knows how much that drives me crazy. Anyway, it was lovely, but yanked on the 'ol heart strings.
Ah, kids.

2 comments:
Ellie sounds like a wonderful daughter. What a sweetie.
And Ayana's language development seems a lot like Eric's. We were in the car one day a couple of weeks ago, and as a truck went past in the other lane, Eric called out, "guck". "Truck" is not a word I use a lot, so it was pretty surprising he'd picked it up. Of course, trains, buses, and airplanes are also "guck", but it's a start!
Karen T.
Girls are wonderful, heart string tuggers. My little daughter (7), has the same abilities as your Ellie. Sweet and loving, yet at times, infuriating. Can't wait to see what 2 daughters bring. :)
Post a Comment