Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hello

Yesterday was a fun day. We went to the pool, and the library and then Ellie had an afternoon of watching her science DVD's she borrowed. I have absolutely nothing to really "say" today, other than I am a bit surprized that Toni Braxton was voted off of Dancing last night over Susan Lucci and Cloris I-can't-stop-hogging-camera-time Leachman???!!! Wow. Weird. And I was also shocked at Lacy's attitude when the judges chastised her for showcasing herself in her dance with Lance (Ha! Dance with Lance! That's funny.) and she told Samantha in the back there that she just "didn't care". Huh. That's obvious. That's been her attitude since day one. And I am constantly distracted by the fact that Lance is gay, only in that when he has to dance sexy with Lacy I'm like, "Wow, if I didn't know he was gay? I would have never ever thought that." The straightest gay-man ever. I don't really have a favourite this season, I mean, Warren is good, and adorable, and so is Maurice. I like Maurice the best in terms of personality. Brooke Burke, although doing AWESOME, because she is a TOTALLY freakishly hot Mom of 4, I through principal alone HAVE to loathe her with every fibre of my being. And the fact that she is a "natural" ballroom dancer only ratchett's up the hate meter to 11.

Regan has been hinting at buying yet ANOTHER motorcycle. (I knew I should have had him sign a legal contract forbidding him to buy another one when I knew inevitably he would want another one soon after buying his second one.) He wants to sell his two (what human being needs TWO motorcycles???) to buy one. And low and behold "it will probably only cost 2 thousand over and above what I get for the two I sell". Huh. And the GEAR and the BOOTS and on and on and on. Needless to say, I am pissed about this. But, like a teenager, the more I say "not a good idea, NOT the right thing to do." the more he wants to do it. And yes, I have also tried the 'ol standby, "I KNOW you'll make the right decision." And that doesn't seem to work either. Sigh. The other seed he is relentlessly planning is this motorcycle trip TO THE BAJA he wants to take with this co-worker guy. THE BAJA, PEOPLE! I purposely ignore any lame attempts at hint dropping. A trip like that would like be several thousand bucks, and we are not going on a trip to Mexico this winter purely because we want to get ahead for once, and he wants to take a trip WITHOUT US to Mexico???? Okay, so now I am airing some dirty laundry. But here's the thing. A few years ago I told Regan he needed a hobby to occupy his time while he is off for months and months a year. Next to becoming a helicopter pilot and renting the whirly birds every month, this could be the most expensive "hobby" ever. Not to mention obsessive. All I know is, I know there are other wives out there (eh HEM, Carol) that are dealing with this very problem. Just because you have a "bike" you suddenly can just "go for a ride" and be gone for hours or days or weeks. I have a BIKE I now have a license to BE FREE. Fat chance, buddy.

Okay, I feel much better now. Good thing I haven't invited Regan to my blog yet, eh??? LOL!!!

Have a great day!~

3 comments:

Carol said...

Oh I feel your pain. Listen, I have some leftover turtle cheesecake in the freezer just for one such an occasion as this, Marissa's in bed, come on over we'll bust it out along with the bottle of Appleton.
What gets me are the "little" accessories that just accumulate secretly in the garage... it's not just the bike cutting into the finances! (why exactly do you feel the need to stop buying books?) Mexico? Mexico! #@$^&*@&^%, Mexico, what a dreamer!

shaunak said...

Ha! Kevin had a trip to San Fran planned for the first 10 days of May. We only returned from Ethiopia on April 12th and when the end of April came around I think it became pretty clear to him that I would spend the rest of the year punishing him if he actually went.
Although, I did buy him saddlebags for his birthday, so I SEEMED supportive :)

ellenhopes said...

I just have to comment on this one....man 'toys'...nothing is ever good enough from the dealer...it's all the custom work...all the special order extras from the states. I put my foot down and said only 1 bike at a time...I should have said only 1 helment(when we moved I counted 5 just for the bike...five...you can only wear 1 at a time!!!) We are now getting 'geared' up for winter and sledding...it never ends.
whewwww I guess I needed a rant of my own!!!
Connie