Thanksgiving was nice, good to be home. Today we are going to Kidsphoto for Ayana and Ellie's sister photo shoot!!! I pre-paid for 3 sittings 2 years ago, and in December they are all running out!! So we are using one today for just them, and to get a nice single of Ayana for her post placement report, and then in Nov we are going as a family (including our dog!). Not sure if the third one will get used, I may see if I can give it to someone else.
I am just over halfway thru a book called "The Red Tent." It is very very good, and boy I wish we had such a thing as a red tent culture in some ways!!! It's based on the biblical person Dinah and her family, and the tradition of the "Red Tent" where women would rest for 3 days while they had their monthlys. I highly recommend it.
Also, as a commitment to cutting down our expenses, I have stated to Regan and Ellie that (get ready for this) I will NOT BUY ANY BOOKS FOR ONE SOLID YEAR. Yeah, I know, Regan didn't believe me either. So, unless it is Christmas or my birthday, no new books for me! And to further that I am selling a few non-fiction on amazon, and will be listing a bunch of novels on this site for sale at EXTREME discount plus shipping. The novels I will be selling are BRAND NEW that I know I will NEVER read, mostly due to the time factor and that I bought them on impulse. So stay tuned. In the next few days I will be listing a bunch of them.
Have a great Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I loved "the Red Tent" I really enjoyed it!!!
I haven't read the Red Tent but I love the idea. I have endometriosis and I so I try to take it really easy during my time. I have tons of theories about woman being active during their monthlies but they all boil down to "it's not good"
I think we should all be allowed to take a break and put our feet up!
It's not as hard as you think (the not buying books thing). I had a similar problem, and started using the library more, and as long as you can hold off on reading a few books until your name comes up on the hold, you'll do great!! I have faith in you (plus, then when you do get or buy a book, it really is a treat!!)
Post a Comment