It is GEORGOUS here right now. I mean above 20!!!! This is virtually unheard of in Oct. Hopefully it will last thru to Halloween. I remember many halloweens at colder than -20.
I have been playing around a bit with an idea. A couple of years ago, I started to think about starting my own casting company. Mostly because a lot of the work can be done from home as it is mostly a "phone" type job. The hours are super long, and you can get frantic calls from AD;s at all hours of the night wondering where the extras are. Well, now that Ayana is home I am starting to look at this much more seriously. The thought isn't that daunting, really, because I have a few inside people (who have worked in casting) that are giving me the "how to's" and are EXTREMELY supportive. I also, being an AD myself, have the inside scoop on what makes a good agent. No only that, I already know a lot of the people that do the hiring of casting directors, so really it's just biting the bullet and starting the thing. It's very exciting, but I know that it can be a VERY stressful job, as I have been on the other end of the line asking a casting director to get "you know, 100 people by wednesday". Okay, I'm exaggerating. But sometimes that does happen! My insider has told me to start small, on commercials and low budget MOW's. So along with doing my research with friends in the business the next step is calling up friends of mine who I've worked with in the commercial world as well. They are two totally different entities with most different crews. It's going to take a bit more looking into, so I'll let you know what all transpires.
Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Good for you! I think that's awesome and if you ever need an extra nine year old girl who is a complete ham, give me a call!
Good luck! You have such a cool job!
That sounds exciting and fun!!
That sounds like a fantastic plan Lisa! Hope it all works out great!
Courtney
THis sounds like a great opportunity!! Be home with your kiddos...but have 'your life' as well!! sounds great!
Post a Comment