Waaahhh!!!! Mark Ballas was voted off last night!!! (Dancing with the stars). Well, that's not entirely accurate, it was Kim Kardashian. First of all, she talked EXACTLY like Paris Hilton, which was so annoying. And she CLAIMS to by shy, yet she has a sex tape out there. Not only that, I actually laughed out loud when she kept saying in that annoying baby voice, "Please vote for me 'cuz I just really want to wear all of these great outfits. I wanna wear more pretty clothes." Poor Mark, he had this smile plastered on his face, and you just knew he was thinking, "Oh my GOD, woman!" And when she was saying all of this, he stammered after, "And we really like to DANCE too." Poor dude. He never had a chance. And enough will Cloris Leachman already. You know, she reminds me of that annoying person in your life that has to be the center of the universe whenever they are around other people. Could you imagine her at a party?? She is over doing it, and it's embarrassing to watch, really. My bets on Warren at this point. He is amazing. I'm not too crazy about the volleyball player either, she's just to INTENSE in her face and body all of the time. I love Cody too, the little 18 year old. Could he be any cuter?? I love how he gets all distracted by Julianne. Who wouldn't?? She is totally HOT!
I was reading yet another book last night that I have had for years. It's called, "The Emotional Life of the Toddler." And wow, is it ever bang on for Ayana. I mean really really bang on. If you are wondering why your adopted toddler is doing some strange things, I recommend this book. It talks about non-adopted toddlers, but you will feel much much better when you read it. What else I love about this book too, is that it has lots of REAL LIFE anecdotes. Not just the view of parents as always calmly connecting and correcting behaviour. As adopted parents we are constantly under our own pressure to be perfect. I mean we had to endure hours and hours and mounds and mounds of paperwork and interviews pleading our case why we would be PERFECT parents for our adopted child. Who else needs to do this??? It's a great book. Very very good.
I am at this very moment procrastinating getting our business books finally finished. But our accountant is coming on Sat and I have to have it done. Ugh. Ayana is down for a morning 1 hour or so nap. She has developed that weird cough Ellie had awhile back, and she seems to be needing a little more sleep. She went to bed a little later last night, and this morning at 730 I put my ear to her door, and did not hear anything. But I thought, "She's got to be awake!" And I went in and I startled her out of her sound sleep, and the poor thing was rubbing her eyes and sitting up and just quietly dry-eyed crying. I felt so bad for her! So I snuggled her lots, and a few minutes later she was awake and fine. But by 10 she was asking to go "Ni-ni" and like yesterday had these big dark circles under her eyes so I put her to bed. I am SO LUCKY my parents have been picking Ellie up for me after school, so Ayana can sleep as long as she needs to in the afternoon! This makes a big difference! And tonight my Mom is taking Ellie to choir so I can put Ayana to bed on time. They are THE BEST!
Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are so lucky to have your parents so close and willing to help. I wish I had that same kind of support.
That's just what Sofias hair does. When I put it in a pony tail I just twist it and it ringlets up and stays all day. Her hair is really really soft but super curly. It doesn't braid because there is too much curl to it. Even if I braid it, it just springs back up. I'll have to wait until she sits a bit stiller and try really really tight braids to see if that works.
It's fun playing with her hair, I enjoy doing different styles and I hope when she's older she enjoys it too!
Post a Comment