I am sitting at my desk staring at our business paperwork that has to get done. It is nearly there, but not quite. It's been sitting in this lonely "almost done" way for about 2 weeks. But I would rather type a little post on my blog. And this got me thinking. Why do people blog? A friend of mine had a blog, and she just brought her children home a few days ago. She was expressing in her blog some very difficult things she was going thru and some very insensitive person came in her comments and brutally attacked her. I mean vicious! So, sadly she deleted her blog. Again I thought, why do I blog? It's funny how it can become such a big part of one's life. Not only do I like to post pretty much everyday, but I read other blogs daily as well. It's a new way for friends to connect. Some days when I am having a challenge, I "put it out there" and have the greatest responses from some fellow friends, and before I went private, complete strangers! Somedays it feels almost like a column I am writing. I literally will hear something cool, or read something interesting and want to immediately blog about it! I try to edit, sometimes, and I try to correct spelling before I publish. Some things people write really matter to me, some not at all, some are just for a bit of fun, and some inspire. There are people who have actually made a living blogging! (Think Perez Hilton, an annoying man who has now become a celebrity in his own write after his blog about celebrities became huge.) Someday I will print out the journey to Ayana, and have it for her lifebook. I used to write in my diary every day, but sadly stopped doing that quite a few years ago. But this has become a bit of a journal for me, albiet an edited one. So, for now I will continue, and am so happy that some of you have chosen to keep checking in now and then. I am going to post some cute pics of the girls in matching tu-tu's from the other weekend, and some video of Ayana copying Ellie's creative dancing to a tee! (how does a person spell this kind of tee??)
(Just now, Ayana is squirming on my lap as I am typing, trying to get my attention. She just put her hand gently on my face and said very clearly, "Mama." Excuse me while I mop my puddle of a heart off of the floor and place it back in my chest!)
Have a WONDERFUL day everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Very well said! I feel the same way. And sometimes I get frustrated because I want to blog more and when I finally get to the computer I forget half of what I wanted to write!
I agree with the blogging...it's my way of staying connected I guess.
And hope you picked up your heart....hearing "Mama' out of a babe's mouth is just too sweet!
Post a Comment