Monday, September 22, 2008

Oprah picked a good one!


I have been looking at the title of this book for weeks. Every Sunday I read the New York Times Bestseller list, and the Calgary Bestseller list, and it has been on the former for weeks. But the little blurb that summarizes the story just did not sound intriguing enough. After listening to Oprah talk about it on Friday, I ran out and bought it. And let me tell you, this is BEAUTIFULLY written book, and the story gently embraces you. It does not GRAB you like some other books, it slowly enfolds you and next thing you know you are completely hooked into the story. And if you love dogs, and especially if you have a dog in your family, you will LOVE this book. I'll give you all a review when I'm done. So far, so good, though.
Today is laundry, and putzing. It's cooler out, thank GOD. Hello? Fall? I am one of those annoying people that likes a COOL fall. I love to wear sweaters and pants, you know? The colors around here are amazing! I love it when some trees have changed and other haven't yet. The extremely bright yellowish/orange against the green is just georgous.
Have a wonderful day, and FYI in case anyone is interested, Day 1 of DANCING WITH THE STARS is on tonight! Woot!!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I saw Oprah the other day & thought I would have to go out & buy this book too. Let me know how you enjoy it.

I love the colors outside now. I took all the kids down to Fish Creek Park today & took a bunch of photos. Batteries finally died on the camera so may have to try again later this week. I have posted a bunch on my blog if you want to check them out.

I am not one of those people who likes the cooler weather, even though it is pretty. I was in my element last week - to me that was perfect!

Hugs, Laur