So far, the ixnaying of the morning naps have been working out beautifully. Ayana is VERY happy right until naptime in the afternoon, and is sleeping better at night. This AM she was chatting away at 7AM (which is early for her), and due to Ellie coming home for lunch, her afternoon nap is under 2 hours, and when I have to go in and wake her up just before 3, she is not ready, and the poor thing is VERY tired still. This AM, I am super crabby (THANK you hormones!) and so I put her down for a morning nap anyway. And she was tired, so it worked out. It's better for both of us, that way we won't be getting frustrated with eachother. I know some of you are thinking, "Why don't you just get Ellie to take her lunch?" Well, here's the thing. Ellie is underweight. She is VERY VERY thin. This is something I am constantly talking to our doc about, but she is not LOSING weight, so he is not worried. Sometimes it scares me how skinny she looks. But she eats pretty good, most of the time, and I for a few years now I have been trying not to freak out about it because I do not want her to develop an eating disorder. (No thanks to other people who seem to not want to keep their yap shut about how much she is or isn't eating. Ugh.) ANYway, when she takes her lunch she gets chatting and barely eats anything. This kid could literally go almost an entire day without eating much. Some days she eats a lot, but other days I am constantly reminding her to eat. Makes me think that her appetite part of her brain has a glitch. So, when she comes home for lunch (which is her biggest meal that she eats) I always make her hot food and she usually eats it all. Plus, as long as she WANTS to come home, I like her to. It's a good way for her to relax and spend some down time (eventhough it's only about 22 minutes!). She stays for recess, so she isn't missing out on anything. So what that means is, Ayana's afternoon nap is too short for her. Ideally she could go down around 1130 and sleep until 3. Well, this morning, I also needed her to nap, so it was a win-win.
Remember I told you guys about my Secret Pal exchange with my adoptive mom's yahoo groups? Well, recieved my last gift yesterday, a handmade scrapbook (beautiful!) and a georgous picture frame ! AND I found out who she is! She is an actress from Port Moody! She's not just "an actress", she's GEORGOUS and sweet. And she looks a lot like Mary Louise Parker (only she is prettier! Here is her website CLICK HERE So neat that we are both in film. I am looking forward to getting to know her now. She has been SO thoughtful with all of our gifts, and I am very lucky to have had her as my pal.
I am now going to go and watch Frasier, and put myself in a non-cranko mood.
Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi Lisa,
Hope you are feeling better now. We all had a nasty cold last week.
Have you tried getting Ellie to drink Pedisure or Ensure or some form of meal replacement drink in addition to the meals you make? Just an easy way to pump extra calories into her tummy & they don't taste too bad. Personally I like the chocolate. She doesn't have to know what it is - just yummy strawberry, banana or chocolate drink.
I was a miserable old bat yesterday so I laid down at nap time too & slept for 2.5 hours. I couldn't believe it. I was a much nicer person when I woke up.
Hugs, Laur
Glad you're feeling better Lisa! When you have two kiddos, it can be a hard balance trying to do the best for both. Sounds like you've found as good of a middle ground that there can be. :)
Courtney
hmm, I love Fraiser! I missed him when we were in Ethiopia, funny the things you miss! LOL
I'm just transitioning Sofia to one nap (she's only 16 months) but she started to wake up too early so I'm grasping at straws and all I could come up with was maybe it's time for 1 nap. IT"S HORRIBLE! She's SO tired and just won't sleep enough ... She'll only sleep for 1.5 hours even though she could sleep as long as she wants and she's still waking way too early (between 430 & 6; 6am is the earliest 'acceptable' wake up time)
She's CRASHED a couple of times in the morning because she's so tired. It's SO HARD! I had a big cry this afternoon and wallowed in "I'm a horrible Mum" self pity for a while... I'm so lucky to have a wonderful husband to listen to me and tell me I'm crazy (but in a good way!) I'm still feeling 'pity-party-ish' but It'll all work out,,,, right?!?!?!???
Post a Comment