Last night I couldn't sleep. I watched TV till 2AM and then didn't "sleep" till 430, and even then I only dosed till 7am. What a nightmare. What started it all, I think, was an episode of Intervention I watched. It was so disturbing. It was about this young gal who was addicted to inhalants. Dust Off, in particular. This chick basically huffed 10 to 12 cans PER DAY. The entire time the camera was on her she had this thing in her hand and just kept sucking on it. Most of the time she was completely out of it, her eyes totally crazed, and OMG, just so so sad. The intervention in the beginning did not go well. She was such a total arrogant thing too. When the intervention didn't work her family had her cats taken away and then the cops showed up. She had this way of dismissing people, "Excuse me, you must leave now." With this little wave of her hand. The cops put up with it for about 10 minutes and then arrested her. They took her in to the hospital where she finally agreed to go to treatment. 2 months later she is still sober and doing much better. After it was over I went down stairs to tell Regan about it, and make sure that in the next few years he keeps his dozens of cans of dust off hidden well (he needs them for work to clean camera gear). Not that Ellie or Ayana would, but who knows? Who the hell knows. Shows like this are good, in a way, for sure, they help people. But it always paralyzes (sp?) me with fear. These junkies are someones daughters and sons. Granted 9 times out of 10 there is a history of some kind and a catalyst that is so obvious why the addiction started in the first place. The way the show lays it out, it's like, "Oh I get it." You totally can see how it can happen. Still scary none the less. And you can hide stuff around your house all you want, but if kids want to do it they'll find a way. You can only do the best you can, and that's all anyone can do. So with all of this racing in my brain I then watched "Kitchen Nightmares" with Gordon Ramsey. It was awesome. Just what I needed to flip the switch in my brain. I just love him.
Today Regan officially starts work. They are prepping and start shooting on Monday. I am so excited to see some friends of mine I made while working on it. They are all coming in from all over and will be living here for 4 months. Yay!
I have to say I am really really liking "Twilight"! It is extremely riveting, albiet not the best written book in the world by far. But I can see why everyone is hooked. The premise is extremely intriguing. The only thing that is confusing is Edwards mood descriptions. At one point last night he was amused and irritated. And he is smoldering in one sentence, and then in the very next sentence he is full of rage, and then back to passive. I get that he is a vampire and like an animal he is fighting his urges at ever turn, but his moods are not really believable, again, that is just the writing I think. But that's JUST MY OPINION. I can't put it down so the writing can't be that bad. There is a movie coming out with the guy who played Cedric Diggory in Goblet of Fire. I think he is PERFECT for it.
Anyway, have a great day everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Intervention is one of my favourite shows. I missed last nights though...
Craig can't stand it because it depresses him too much. I love it though. Well really it's that once I start watching it I NEED to watch until the end with the hope that they got sober....but a lot of the times they relapse and then I too am depressed. I usually end up gonig and listening to some uplifting music after the show if the people ended up relapsing.
And it's so true...it's so obvious most of the time why it all started. But since having Judah...the show has become so much more real...like it coudl happen. ugh....what a world.
I will have to get the book for Mike. I think he will like it. I found a trailer for the movie http://twilightthemovie.com/
Looks good. I LOVE Cedric Diggory ;-)
Hi Lisa, I starting reading twilight too. and I am also enjoying it. I really liked Host, I wish she would write more books for adults. anyway. Victoria is now on book four, this series has caught her attention more than Harry Potter. however she feels that it is just wrong that the actor playing Cedric Diggory play any other role , poor guy he would starve if she had her way. lol love you Eggie
I have watched Intervention a few times but since having Zia home I am feeling that some days its just too heavy for me to watch. Weird, I know, cause I wasn't like that before Zia came home. I am like you too though - it sticks with me for a while afterwards and I need to watch something right after it to get my mind into a better place!
I never saw the show Intervention, but check out this true story of a family that wasn't so lucky with dusting http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/dustoff.asp
Debbie
Man, I missed Intervention last night so thanks for filling me in. I too really like the show. I find the most disturbing shows to be the ones where the addicted person didn't come from a messed up family... where the family looks something like our own.
We must be TV buds as I too love Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen. By chance are you a Project Runway kinda gal too? :)
Courtney
Hey Courtney: I totally agree with the family thing, you are sooo right. And I am not a Project Runway gal, but I am a Dancing with the Stars gal.
Gordon Ramsey is just too hot for words, yes? :)
Post a Comment