Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Nap times

As you all probably know by now, Ayana is a very good sleeper. (Lucky, I know, but believe me I have paid my dues with our first "baby", still am!!) Anyway, It occurred to me this summer when we discovered the head thumping, that she may not be tired enough and is using the thumping to eventually put herself to sleep. In Ethiopia, before we knew her schedule, she did not thump unless we were out and she was in the sling. I could tell she was getting tired when she would, very hard, thump her forhead on my chest (ouch!). So this is not a new thing. I usually would put her down for her morning nap around 930, and she would be down until 1130. And again at 1-ish to 3 ish. But I decided today that she does not need to go down so early in the morning. She is up right now, happy as a clam, and we are playing and watching Clifford. I am also going to use this morning time to work on words and development stuff. How can she learn more words if she spends most of her time sleeping? I'm just saying. Obviously if she needs sleep I'll let her sleep, but as the case is this morning, she is just happy and not tired at all. I also have not put her on the potty at all this week, and she is no longer telling me when she is or has gone #2. As I said before, she was starting to cry and get very stressed with even the idea of sitting on there, so we are leaving it completely alone for now. In a few months I am going to get her a kid size potty chair and she can play around with that for awhile. I am not going to stress about it (eventhough I still will) as Ellie did eventually train herself in 3 days, mind you she was 3 and a half. Talk about STRESS!

It is blissfully cool today! I am sooo happy about that. It was such a wonderful feeling to actually use blankets at night! Regan thinks I'm nuts, he loves the heat. I just say, "I just like to, oh you know, wear CLOTHES."

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Please don't stress about the potty! I have 4 kids and they all trained at different time. My oldest was 4, second oldest was 2, youngest son was 3.5 and Gabbi is not trained yet (she is almost two. I never stressed one second with any of them. And I never bought a potty seat. I waited until they were ready and they asked... and they all did (well Gabbi hasn't yet but she is very young imo to train)

Lisa said...

k.