Friday, August 22, 2008

I see....

So, I am juuuust about done the second book in the Twilight series, and I have to be honest here. I am getting sick of these people. The main character is turning out to be quite a desperate pathetic teen, and quite frankly what a horrendous message to send out to other teens out there! I'm just saying. I liked her because she is strong, and no nonsense and quite likeable all around, but when it comes to Edward, forget it. I can't go into too much detail or this would be a bit of a spoiler, but think Romeo and Juliet and you'll get the picture. I think that may be the underlying feeling the author was going for, and we all know how that story ended. I don't know, maybe it's the PMS talking, but they are no Jamie and Claire is all I'm saying. Which brings me to my next point. Instead of launching into the 3rd book immediately, I am going to commit more of my time to my re-read of the Outlander books (I'm on book 4). Does anyone really care about this? Probably not, but I think if I was a Mom with an impressionable young teen under the age of 17? I may try to discourage her from reading this series till she is older. But that's just me. I still like it, and it definately has a premise that makes you want to find out what the final outcome of the entire series will be, but the 2nd book, not my favourite so far.

Today Ayana and I are doing a show and tell again for our agency. This is where our agency is holding a workshop for prospective adoptive parents and they usually bring in a family or two in with thier newly adopted kids to tell their story and answer any questions. The last time we did it Ayana was only 11 months old or so and was crawling and it was BUSY! But it was fun and Regan and Ellie were able to be there for that one. This time it will be even better because we have 7 months under out belt (can you believe she has been home for 7 months already???!!!) and we have come a very LONG way since the beginning. This weekend is also an adoptive family picnic that our agency is having, should be fun to see some of the new little ones that have come home in the last 6 months or so.

Have a great weekend~!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finished Book #1...but I have SOOO many books that Ordered from Amazon that I feel I need to read those first before going onto Book #2....booo!!!

Anonymous said...

Finished Book #1...but I have SOOO many books that Ordered from Amazon that I feel I need to read those first before going onto Book #2....booo!!!