Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I thought the daytime was bad!

Well, by midafternoon yesterday it was about 32degrees. I wandered in my living room and heard a fan blowing. It was coming from my gas fireplace. Thaaaat's right, my gas fireplace was blowing HOT AIR, and continued all day until Reg came home to pull the fuse. The heat in my house was 31.6 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was beyond unbearable. I have never experienced our house that hot. Our basement was only a few degrees cooler. So then nightime came. I managed to fall asleep, but at 130 AM I woke up and it was stifling. Even with all of the upstairs windows open and my ceiling fan going, it was above 30 still IN my house. Ellie then came into my room saying she didn't feel well, I told her it was probably the heat and went to her room where we had a fan set up, and it was like an oven. Ayana's room was bearable, and she is from Ethiopia and likely can take the heat better than all of us. So after about an hour of Ellie and laying on my bed with the fan now blowing directly on us and still no breeze, I decided to do something I would normally NEVER do, I opened every single window downstairs. Every last one. As you all may know, hot weather brings burglers to open windows. But at this point I would probably have gladly welcomed someone to shoot me and put me out of my misery. That's when I felt it. A wonderful COOL BREEZE blowing in my living room windows! This is on the opposite side of the house than our bedroom. I went up to get Ellie and we camped out in the living room. It was awesome. A breeze has NEVER felt so good in my entire life. I didn't really sleep after that, but Ellie did. Now the weather is wonderfully overcast and a lot cooler. I think it is 23 degrees or something. What a nightmare.

Due to lack of sleep I am just puttering today. I may even dare to have a nap this afternoon.

I have slowed down my reading of the second Twilight book until the 3rd one gets here (I had to order it).

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That stinks!! 31 degrees!! I probably would have shot myself! I hate heat...I am too a winter person...love the snow, cool air and winter clothes! (basicaly the more of my skin covered up in sweaters the better!) :):)

HOpefully your cool weather continues...I guess I should wait for that hot weather to reach us...ugh.

Proudmama said...

I hear ya on the heat. This weekend we went to a kid's birthday party and it was 38 degrees outside... and the party was outside ALL DAY. I wanted to die. It was awful, although the party was fun for the kids.

I too am a winter person (bring on the snow and turtlenecks!) but I do love a nice 27 degree day when I can play outside all day with the kids and go for a walk or to the water park. I'll miss the summer.

Pics of the girls... please? :)