Monday, August 18, 2008

heat

Soooo, we are smack dab in the middle of a heat wave here in Cowtown. I mean it is HOT. Not like Arizona hot, but hot for here. And hot for a thick blooded winter lover like myself. I am not built for day in and day out of over 30 degrees. I'm just not. And night time?? Ugh. Our house never seems to cool off, okay maybe for about 20 minutes in the dead of night. It's brutal.

This morning my walk was georgous, though, I mean the temp was PERFECT and it was hazy and sunny and not windy. Wow. I stopped at the little park on my route and let Ayana play on the slide and swing. She was a bit peeved when we had to leave, but that didn't last long.

Regan started shooting his series today. I'm going to miss him.. a lot. December seems like forever away at the moment. I have come to realize today that I miss him when he is gone. He will be shocked when I tell him, because I always seem to be looking for solitude. Aaaanyway...

Also, a very exciting thing is happening in our Ethiopian adoption community! A wonderful family has started a brand new orphanage in Ethiopia! It is called FAYA and they JUST started to take in their very first children! The famine in E is very very serious, apparently much worse than is being reported, and these children need extreme care. If you are interested in more, you can go to the FAYA blog to read more about it or to contact them.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

911shazza said...

Yeah, we are melting in the heat. Even Sebastian is sweating. But he is enjoying the sprinklers and playing with water. I have to say, you have me intrigued by that twilight book. I just may have to check it out.