Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cirque and stuff

Remember the lady with the BMW SUV that I door dinged awhile back? Remember that she had a quote for almost 800 bucks to fix her miniscule dent?? Well, after Regan took over he had her take her vehicle to Chippy auto to fix the paint, and she found another dent place, and the grand total was: $151.40!!!! Woo hoo!!!! She was actually very good about the whole thing. She just wanted it fixed. And I have a half dozen door dings on my car too, not that I would have bothered with the hassle, but I do get the frustration.

We are off to Edmo tomorrow to see Regan's cousin from Australia. We stayed at thier house RIGHT on the water in Brisbane 10 years ago. It will be great to see them again!

And on Sat we are seeing Cirque du Soleil CORTEO. I bought the tickets back in December (with American Express you get advanced ticket sales). It looks amazing, I'll let you know what I think.

Today I am trying to get motivated to finish our year end for our business. I actually like doing this kind of paperwork accounting stuff. I probably could have been an accountant, I like working with adding machines and paper. My favourite job at the bank was in the backroom balancing all of the tellers totals thru out the day. I would take sub totals from each machine, and then I would grab all of the entries from their till and I would run the numbers on this gigantic antique adding machine with several columns of the same number so I could punch a bunch of numbers at once, and then make sure they were balanced mid day. Sounds boring, but it wasn't. I loved it. I suppose that is why I took editing in film school too. Your in a back room with the editing machine working by yourself or with one other person cutting together a movie or whatever. Sigh. But editing jobs are slim pickin's in Calgary, and ADing is the career that found me, and where I belong anyway. Sigh (again.). If only I could be a SAHM AND a 3rd AD at the same time. God only knows working with Actors and kids is virtually the same, they all need a mama.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

shaunak said...

We saw Corteo two weeks after returning from Ethiopia. It was so entertaining to sit and watch the wonder and excitement on the face of our three year old. He LOVED it!

We have seen a few other Cirque shows and I would say this wasn't my favourite but certainly still really, really good. I can't watch any of the really dramatic stunts because I am so afraid someone will be hurt - so this was a little tamer and easier for me to enjoy! Ellie will love it, I am sure!

shaunak said...

Okay, I take that back. We actually saw Saltimbanco in May. Corteo is the one I WANT to see, but haven't.
Now I can't wait to hear what you think of the show!

Jenn said...

I love Cirque! We have been to two different ones here at the Currie Barracks and then to see LOVE and O in Vegas...LOVE is my all time fav!

Danielle said...

Glad to hear that the door dent lady didn't end up being a huge ordeal!! Have fun at the Cirque! (I'm jealous! I'd love to go some day!)

911shazza said...

Oh wow, we're going to Corteo in 2 weeks, and I can hardly wait. We've seen a few Cirque shows and love them all...the music is always great!! I look forward to seeing what you think of it!!

Oh, and I already emailed you (sakoch1@telus.net), but my email will be changing next week when we switch to shaw.