

So, a couple of years back I read "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Phillipa Gregory, and was obsessed with all things King Henry at the time. Only in curiosity, not in any other way. So I was excited by the prospect of the tv show "The Tudors" until I saw who would be playing Henry. Jonathan Rhys Meyers. The top photo is the real King Henry, and the photo below is Meyers as Henry. Ummmm..... the thing is, King Henry was not an attractive man, to say the least. "Icky" I believe is the technical and historical term used when describing him. Anyway, as much as I wanted to watch it, I just can't. Not only is Meyers "good looking" by most standards (not by mine, I happen to think he is ... blech... yuck... not cute at all.), but he is also EXTREMELY buff. I mean built, cut, stacked, if you will. Unless you were a peasant toiling in the fields doing hard labour, or a knight high up in the ranks and spent your time fighting, or practicing fighting, and especially as a king you would be, how shall one put this delicately... soft. You know, pudgy. I'm just guessing. But judging by all of the portraits painted of the king, this would be the case. At least get a guy that resembles the king, or try to make Meyers look a little bit like him. I'm just sayin', it sticks in my craw. (BTW, what is a "craw" anyhow?)
Have a great day!
Have a great day!

1 comment:
What did you think of the movie???
I will say this I read a article that said they realize JRM didn't look like King Henry but they wanted Tudors to be Hot! SEX Sells... if you watched the show you would realize thats kind of what its about!
I hate to admit this to you but I think Jonathan is super hot by my standards!
Post a Comment