Saturday, July 5, 2008

To knit, or not to knit..... what was the question?


I haven't knit anything in a very long time, it seems. In reality it has been about two months, I think? That is an ETERNITY to a knit-freak like myself. So, I was surfing thru the many many knit blogs I have collected to see what some folks are up to, and I tunneled thru one blog and found this blog. But what caught my eye were these "man dolls", totally hilarious, and if I had someone to give them to I would totally get one. Totally.
So, what to knit, is the question. I think it is time to ONCE AGAIN sift through my gigantic stash and find something knittable within. Not an easy task, let me tell you. Unless I plan on knitting a whole bunch of cowls (aka: neck warmers) I have to get creative. I do have some pretty large collections of yarns that were for a wayward project, but it seems like I am always short one or two skeins. Ellie loves the cardigan I made awhile back (which reminds me I still have to post a pic of it.) so I may try to find something like that to do. I finished the purse, but have to sew up the flaps over the leather strap I made. And the Robin Hood jacket for Ayana is SO CUTE beyond words, but it is a touch to small, and I am having a heck of a time finding the buttons for the darn thing. Hence... it is getting even smaller by the day. I actually may knit another one bigger for her because it is so darn cute, AND warm to boot. The funny thing is, a lot of people do a big bulk of their knitting in summer. You know, beach knitting. But that has never been my thing, I mean I HAVE knitted while camping, that sort of thing, but I am more of a back-to-school knitter. I love fall and winter knitting. Mostly because when you are knitting a sweater or something, the thing is usually WARM on your lap, and in summer that is entirely unpleasant. And the reality, with kids under the age of.. oh say... 12, you're not going to get much knitting done on a beach or camping anyhow. So I'll keep you posted (pun intentional) on what I dig up.
Have a great day!

No comments: