Thursday, June 12, 2008

Stuff and things and woo

Today is Thursday. Thursday, Thursday, Thursday. Can you tell I have writers block this morning? Hmmmmmm...

Oh! The conclusion to Burn UP was FANTASTIC! And just scary as hell. The story is about the oil situation in the world, essentially, and how oil literally runs the world. It is, as I said yesterday, incredibly timely, and very eerie. It's like the writers had a crystal ball at their knee while writing it. (SPOILER ALERT:)

At the end of the mini series, the attempt to get the US to sign Kyoto 2 fails, and the leaking of the information that the Saudi's have no oil left in the ground. This sends the entire planet into a tailspin of catastrophic proportions only alluded to at the very end. The price of oil skyrockets, sending the price of food thru the roof, people are rioting for food, water, the green house gases are reaking havoc on the environment with massive flooding and disasters. The world economy will collapse. Sound familiar?

When I read the paper a little while back and heard that there was a crisis world wide on the price of rice and basic staples, and people were beginning to horde food and there was a massive shortage of grains etc, it started to scare me, I'll admit. And then on the US news a few days ago, they are finding people steeling gas. And not just syphoning it out of gas tanks, I am talking screwing holes intot he tanks by drill. Huge drums of fuel on farms are being syphoned of their contents, in one case over 900 gallons of gas was stolen from one rancher. He may have to shut down his farm. Anyway, it is very intriguing stuff, no matter what happens. But the movie was great, and if you didn't catch it, they may have it in the video stores in the months to come.

Have a great day.

No comments: