Last night Regan came home from work and he pulled something out of his pocket to show me. "Hon, I reached into my pocket today, and look what I found!" And it was a little round note from Ellie saying, "World's Best Dad!" We just stared at each other. I said, "AAAWWW!!! Did she give that to you a long time ago or something? Maybe you put it in your pocket then?" And he said he couldn't remember. But he said that all day if he was feeling super grumpy he would just take out her little note and look at it and instantly feel all warm and fuzzy inside. When I told her how thrilled and touched her Dad was with the note, she said, "Yeah I did it on Saturday when Oma and Opa were here!" I said, "You mean you wrote it, and then snuck it in his pocket?" She said, beaming, "Uh huh!" I just instantly teared up and said, "Well, Ellie, you are just a the most thoughtful person!" And when I told her how her Daddy looked at it when he felt bad all day and how it made him feel so much better, she put her hand to her heart and said with a little quivery voice, "Thanks Mom, that makes me feel good." And off she skipped to play. Later Regan phoned me on my cell to tell me to let Ellie know once again how much that note meant to him. He said he felt like he just didn't deserve such a note! Crazy!! I told him he was an AWESOME Dad! Anyway, I just had to share that little sweetness.
Today was very busy with appointments. Dentist for Ellie, fun 'ol mammogram for me.. yay! But all is good all around. My Mom came to watch Ayana while she slept. She's the greatest!
Tonight is part 2 of a movie Regan worked 2nd unit camera operator on called "Burn Up". I thought I would watch a bit of it last night, and within the first 5 minutes I was totally hooked!!! It was very very good, and extremely timely. You could probably catch the 2nd half and I am sure they will have a recap of last nights show so you could know what's going on. Regan's stuff was all of the helicopter stuff, and lots of other shots thru out. SO PROUD OF HIM!!! I just can't stand Neve Campbell. Can't act her way out of a paper bag. She's always the same in every single movie and tv show. But all of the Brits are FANTASTIC!! It was a BBC/Canadian co-production. It's awesome. Check it out. For all you Albertans its; on Global at 9pm.
Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ellie is the SWEETEST little girl. I wish that you lived by us so that some of that sweetness could rub off on my kiddos (not that mine aren't sweet... I just want to make sure that they are still sweet when they are 8 years old!). Go Ellie!
that is the sweetest thing that Ellie did! I can only hope my kids are as thoughtful as she is. you are one lucky mama!
Post a Comment