Monday, May 12, 2008

Squeeky Clean!

And no I do not mean my house!! God forbid!! I mean Ayana's health!!! I heard back today that ALL of her lab work came back great! And the TB thingy was from her vaccination. For some reason the clinic had it in her file that A) she did NOT have her vaccination (which she did) and B) there were no visible scar on her arm (and there is a HUGE one on her right arm, which I pointed out to the doc as I did not know what it was) So the Doc said that he is satisfied that her hugely positive scratch test was a result of her vaccination. So the only thing we are dealing with is a scalp fungus, which in the grand scheme of things is incredibly minor. I am very very HAPPY!!

The crazy thing about today... you know one of THOSE days... I rushed to get my morning stuff done, and picked Ellie up for lunch and then had to rush to the children's to get Ayana in to see the doc there for her scalp situation. I then hopped in my car to rush to another Ayana appointment and my stupid key in my stupid car would not turn AGAIN. This (at the time) was the 3RD time THIS week that this has happened to me!! So I reefed on the wheel and EVENTUALLY it started. It then happened 2 hours later!! It was, to say the least, extremely frustrating. I have it booked to go in on Wed. We then rushed home and I stopped for Little Ceaser's and now I am going to be dealing with all of the dishes from the whole day and the laundry that never got done that is all over the main floor. Taking deep breaths. Ayana is HEALTHY!! That is the BEST NEWS!! Oh and the other cool thing was when I was at the first clinic I actually saw this young lady and a cute little black girl in the waiting room. I normally would not have looked for long, but I was just admiring how cute she was, and it was the little girl of a friend of mine from Haiti who was there with her two kids!! What a coincidence!! I have never met my friend face to face, but had the privilege of meeting her children when I was in Haiti in 2006. Then she said that ANOTHER friend of mine who picked up her son a little while ago (remember I told you about him? He was the little boy who flew first class on the way home?) was on her way to the clinic!! I haven't seen her in about a year and her son for 2 years! It just made my day to see these families who had waitied 2 and a half years each with their kids!! I actually got very teary watching them all!!

It was so neat.

Cheers!

2 comments:

52 at 64 said...

Hi Lisa,

Hope you remember me, Juniper's mom. Our girls were in the TH at the same time. I was curious to read about the head fungas. Juni came home with a couple things, one is on her head. We have been to the clinic and do have another upcoming appointment, but I would be curious what Ayana's looks like.

Lisa

Lisa said...

Hey Lisa! Of COURSE I remember you!! Can you e-mail me? I am not sure if I still have your e-mail address. I would be HAPPY to tell you all about it, and take pics of Ayana's scalp if need be. I also am DYING to hear how Juniper is! And HOW WAS YOUR TRIP???!!!!