Friday, May 30, 2008

Slumpy slump slump

Okay, so I am officially in a slump. And it turns out I am not alone. I am not sure if it was the week of rain or what, but I cannot get motivated to do ANYTHING. I mean I do the basics. I even cleaned my oven the other day, 2 hours later I managed to get the 8 years of caked on black crust off. I felt very good about myself. Yesterday I washed floors and cleaned the house in the weekly general way. But I am just blue. I wrote about it the other day, but deleted it, I didn't want folks getting all worried. But I just don't feel like posting much either. Ayana is doing great. Ellie too. Regan is working on another show, which we desperately need him to. And I am happy in my heart. I just feel that blue feeling. At first I thought it was the "girly" thing, you know? But that's not it. I am walking every single morning, now with my awesome neighbor (a big WOOT out to my buddy!), and it's great to visit and chat and feel the warm sun. But still... I get back to the house and ... ugh. I am bored out of my tree, but have so much to do. I spent weeks and weeks being incredibly busy, but now things are slowing down and I guess it makes me feel... ugh. Hopefully we can go camping soon after Ellie is done school. It will be good to get back to nature. And don't even get me started on television. There is absolutely nothing on at night, every night. And for a junkie like me, that is utterly depressing.

Anyway, have a great day, and a great weekend too! This Saturday my group of friends from jr. high are all going out for our collective 40th birthdays. There will be about 7 of us girls and guys. 40. I don't know what's harder for me to believe, that I am 40 or that my old boyfriend from Gr. 7 and my best friend are soon to be 40!!!! Wow.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending BIG hugs to you!! If I lived near you know i'd be over with some good GB movies and some chocolate...the quick fix for EVERYTHING!!
Oh...not sure if you've ever watched it...but 'So You Think You Can Dance' just started back up for hte summer...and I LOVE it. Basically am obsessed with it....so you could always give it a try!! :):)

Jenn said...

slumpin' over here too....

Sandra Knight said...

found your blog -- what we have in common: turning 40, nothing on TV, post adoption boredom (is there a word for this?) and some lovely lovely kids. all the best (best is coming) sk