Thursday, May 8, 2008

Correction

Hey there! I just thought I would pop in here to make a correction on Ayana's heritage. I am working on her lifebook, and I was looking thru her history and saw that her birth family is actually from Amhara, which means she is of Amhara decent. I had said she was Oromo. Ooops! It makes sense as Amaran people are said to be closer to Arabic in appearence with olive skin and caucasian features. This would be our Ayana for sure!! Everyone always comments on how fair skinned she is!

Lunch was lovely, but busy for me as usual just trying to keep Ayana entertained every single millisecond so she wouldn't get bored and freak out. Sigh. I can't wait until she is old enough to use crayons and stuff! She was also tired and was carrying major baggage under her eyes!! It was great though, and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family. My sisters bought me THE most GEORGOUS music box!!! I LOVE music boxes. The tune is "That's what friends are for" and on the cover is a little saying and a picture of sisters. So sweet!

Have a great evening!

1 comment:

Mamato2 said...

I hadn't read where you said she is Oromo, but looking at her build, features, skin tone, I knew she was Amhara, for sure, just like my MalĂ­a. Ayana is a doll face!