Thursday, April 24, 2008

back again

So this AM I had to take Ayana back to the clinic for the results of one of her tests and have some other stuff done. Considering she missed her AM nap, she was AMAZING. I was TOTALLY worried that she would be a bear, but she was just a peach and a half. Once we got home 2 1/2 hours later she collapsed into a nap and I have an "M" so I am just reading Eckhart Tolle's other book "The Power of Now" and enjoying a quiet house. (Regan is napping too). I did finish "A New Earth" and you know what? It was pretty good after all. Hence why I bought his other book, which I am enjoying more. I quite like his philosophy and instructions on silencing the non-stop blabbing of our minds. I think this is why I love knitting so much. It is known as a type of meditation, and I can see why. When a person is knitting your mind is not "thinking" really, you are just enjoying the sensation of the yarn and the needles and the rhythmic movement of your hands. I always feel so much more relaxed when I am knitting. And when I am stressed or upset, I go for the knitting and feel happy. Same with praying the rosary, which I do on a pretty regular basis. Every other day at least, but sometimes every single day. My mind does tend to wander when I am praying it, but focusing on the mystery you are on really helps, and after I am done I usually enjoy quite a few minutes of non-thinking absolute total blissful peaceful feeling that I could never explain to anyone. So, "The Power of Now" is more of the same, and so far I quite like it.

Not doing much else today, except helping Ellie make my birthday cake. And yes, for those of you that do not know this, I am celebrating my big 4-0 tomorrow! And I just can't wait. I am one of those people that are not really that affected by age, in terms of getting upset about how old I am. I have embraced every age I have been, and going into my 40's is no exception. I look forward to it!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Lisa you will catch up to me in no time. I'm with you I have loved getting older, I am so much more together now.

Hope little Miss A is doing ok & your M will not bother you on your BIG day. I had one on Wednesday that left me miserable but was ok today so I hope you are too.

Hugs, Laur

Anonymous said...

Happy "40th" Birthday WOOOMAANS!!!
CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT!!! I thought I would be affected by turning 40, but I'm loving it so far.... ENJOY!!!
I'm also reading "A New Earth"... finding it hard to get into, but interesting none the less.
Hope you have a great day with your amazingly beautiful family.
Thinking of you always.....

(weren't we just 27???) LOl

Proudmama said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!!! What a wonderful way to enter into another decade of life- with two beautiful daughters at your side! I should mention too that from the pictures that you have posted that you really don't look like you are 40! Enjoy your celebrations today!

Courtney