Monday, March 3, 2008

Laundry etc.

Monday is laundry day. I love doing laundry. I actually do. I find it the most relaxing of the household things that have to get done around here. Not much to say here, other than still so glad the weekend went well! I am going to be enrolling Ayana and I in a Gymboree class. I did that with Ellie from about 9 months to 3 years old. I was really sad when she became too old to participate. It was just awesome! And, like most babies, Ayana loves music so I think she will really have fun. And then there's the crawling all over the baby equipment the have. Fun, fun, fun! On the weekend we are having a family birthday party. Most of the family has not seen her since our arrival at the aiport, we are so excited for them to all see each other!

So I watched "The Big Give" last night. I had high hopes for this show, and forced myself to stay awake until 11pm. I have to admit getting choked up at some parts, but mostly.... lame. Especially the order they showed the results of the challenge. Instead of doing the weakest one first and then going in order and ending with one of the more spectacular ones, they ended with one of the more subdued ones. Anyway, and then at the end when they had to vote someone off?? I don't know, it just didn't feel very good watching it. You didn't give enough... goodbye. And Jamie Oliver, who I love, I could barely watch. The whole time he sat as a "judge" he was literally looking down his nose at the people with his head tilted back and his chin jutting forward. I don't know, sometimes Oprah gets on my every last nerve. Anyway, I am also signed up for this class on "The New Earth". I am still reading the book, and it's okay, but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the "pain body" theory. Anyway, it's a pretty deep read so I have to really stay focused when I am reading it.

Ellie's teacher from the last 2 years (she has been travelling around the world) is back in town for a couple of weeks, and she is going to come to our house for dinner!!!! Her and Ellie have a very very special bond, and she has been sending her personal little e-mails for the last 9 months of her trip. They truly love each other. Regan and I adore her too. She truly feels like family. There is such a strong kinship we have with her it is uncanny. We were very very blessed to have had her as Ellie's teacher for 2 years in a row. Anyway, we are super excited!

Have a terrifac Monday everyone!

1 comment:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Hey Lisa: I am signed up tonight for the online class as well. I really enjoyed the book but it was very deep and hard to stay focused sometimes. I am hoping the class will help with that :)