I just had to share this little story. On our way home from hip hop today, Ellie and Ayana were in the back seat. Ellie had my cell phone and was listening to some music and making up songs. The one song she has and sings she made up about Jesus. And the other song she made up today. We all went to Red Lobster for dinner and she took her journal with her and wrote the words to the little song she wrote (with her permission):
Sisters
By Ellie
We may fuss
We may fight
But we always
make it right
That's what sisters do
little ones tell on you
We may fuss
We may fight
But we always
make it right
It's not a high climb
I will love you till the
end of time
(And she wrote at the end: This song is for Ayana)
All thru dinner we just kept laughing at Ayana's antics, and oogling over her. Ellie just blurted out, "Oooooh I just LOVE HER SOO MUCH! I FEEL LIKE MY HEART IS MELTING!" These feelings are so genuine, and deep, and when she walked in on my posting the little clip of Ayana nd I and her caregiver (she was on the phone with a friend at the time) and she said, "Mom! You are going to make me cry!!" She is constantly begging me to carry her around, she begged to change her diaper tonight (which she did) and she begged and begged to feed her her bottle. I said she could feed her her morning bottle. Honestly, her love is so wonderful, and Ayana is just as crazy about her! Now I realize that there will be times (like when Ayana is crying from fussiness) that Ellie is going to want to just throw her sister out the window, and I know that they will drive each other crazy, I already know that, but thank you people who keep wanting to let me know that it won't always be that way. Thank you. What would I do without you. But really, if you could be in my house, and in my car, and on our walks and hear and see how Ellie and Ayana are together, and especially if you could see how Ellie was with babies and young children before Ayana you would be just as shocked as we are. It is literally a dream come true. And when we hit rough roads, which we will, we will handle them too. We are not in any kind of denial over here.
Anyway, I am off to play wii with Reg and Ellie, Ayana is fast asleep.
Have a great Thursday!
Oh and PS a big WOOT out to my friends Robin and Anjannette! They are going to be picking up their son in a month!!!!! AND my friend Nadine who started her adoption from Haiti the same time we did (from Haiti) in 2005 JUST got the word that her son's paperwork is ready and they are just waiting for his visa to be printed (which only takes a few days there) and she will be leaving in one week to pick him up!!! After two and a half years of waiting for him!!! Can you imagine watching your child grow up for 2 and a half years in pictures before he is able to join your family???? We couldn't. Which is why we switched countries. And on that note, the little girl whom some of you know about is also ready to go home in the next month, and this is 2 years after her family was referred her. At the time everything was so painful. But now it makes so much sense. Ayana is our child. She was meant to be in our family. No question about it. Isn't the universe amazing???? I am not a person who memorizes scripture by any means, but one sticks in my mind and it applies here: Trust the Lord with all your heart, and not your own understanding. I am not even sure what the exact verse is, but I hear that one in my head a lot.
See ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Lisa, you had to know the pastor would tell you the verse, it's Proverbs 3:5 and verse 6 is often quoted with it.
Post a Comment