Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hello there

I am busy saving a bunch of video from our trip onto One True Media so I can order a DVD. The clip below is one of my favourites. This was on the day we were taking Ayana home and this was the caregiver who, the day before, was sobbing while holding Ayana. Clearly Ayana loved her deeply,and the caregiver really loved her back, and I wanted her to feel secure while I talked to her. You can see in the clip that Ayana and my eyes met, and she is looking at me in such a sweet profound way. At least that is the way it looks to me! (Not that I am biased or anything!) It's like she is saying, " I like you, I think you will be nice to me." It just melts my heart when I see it. As I am stroking her hand near the end I am saying to her, "This is a lot for you to take in, isn't it." We all really felt for her that day. What a big day for us all!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay.... so now it's noon, and I have been sobbing for an hour now!! You're killing me here with this stuff...... :)
That moment when she looks at you, and your right, she really SEE's you... that was so profound that I just had to watch it over and over. Everytime I see it, I feel my heart skip a beat.
I am soooo proud of you Lisa. You are such an amazing woman, and have made remarkably couragous decisions in your life... (and I mean all of them).
I am not at all surprised that your enormous capacity to love has brought you to this place of family and love.
All of you have worked a miracle here... through all the rough times that may lie ahead, ... the miracle will remain.

I love you,
Michele
p.s. The Pope is smiling at you... i'm sure of it. ; )