Friday, March 28, 2008

Good morning!

It's 730AM and Ayana is still sleeping!! That's almost 13 hours!!! I am just popping in here to say that my first thought when I woke up this AM was MY FRIEND DANIELLE HAS MET HER DAUGHTER BY NOW!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! It is 5 pm in Addis, and she is likely back at the Bole or out for dinner. AND my friend Nadine is on another plane from Florida to HAITI as we speak!!!!!! Okay, so maybe I am sounding like a stalker. OH and ONE OTHER THING! My friend Karen is leaving TONIGHT to pick up her SON!!! Both Danielle and Karen are staying at the same hotel we did, and I hope they like it. I pumped it up a lot, but compared to the New Flower it was a dream palace!!! Mostly I hope that they have a WONDERFUL time with their babies!!!!

Our agency is now doing some very smart things with regards to immigration. When we went thru it they did not apply for immigration until AFTER the court date. Hence why we had to wait for 5 MONTHS to get our medical done. NOW they are submitting the immigration paperwork at REFERRAL! One friend of mine had her file opened with immigration and she hadn't even had her court date yet!!!! What this means to all you sports fans out there is that people will be able to travel in as little as 2 WEEKS AFTER THEIR COURT DATE!!! In other words, had our agency did their research and stopped blaming the government, we could have had Ayana home in AUGUST OF LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!! AUGUST!!! She would have been only 4 MONTHS OLD!! Anyway, she's home now and that is all that matters. But I would be lying if I didn't tell you that it irks me big time that they did not get thier sh*t together for the families that were caught right after their clientelle exploded in size. The great news is, that IF we decide to do this again, we will have our child home only a few weeks after court date, instead of 5 and a half MONTHS.

Have a terrifac Friday!! I will try to get the pics of yesterday posted later one today!

3 comments:

Louise said...

I don't get the two weeks after court..this is the second blog I've seen post that?? It would be great but I am confused!! (not hard LOL) I was under the impression that it takes 3-4 weeks after court for the bc and passport to be issued and then once that is sent to Nairobi it is 3-4 weeks for the visa to be issued??? so min after court would be 6 weeks???


Louise

Jenn said...

I am sooo excited for Nadine! She has waited so long to bring her little man home...

I noticed you wrote "if" we adopt again...hmmmm...

Alicia said...

HI, We are one of those families that is benefiting from IA getting their act together. I must admit that I do feel guilty that our process is quicker than other peoples ... We us, the realized it part way through so our immigration file was opened 2 days before our court date. Families after us will be able to travel even faster than us! By the time we travel we expect it to be 20 weeks from our referral date.

I love your blog and watching Ayana flourish and grow! She is SO happy. And Ellie is such a good big sister, it seems like she knows just what to do to make Ayana giggle!!!
Hope you are having a fun weekend