Friday, March 28, 2008

Correction

Okay, so a friend of mine pointed out my error in stating new timelines for travel. I forgot about the b/c and passport and visa. But still, that would mean, in most cases, you could travel a mere 6 WEEKS after your court date!!!!!!! Wouldn't that be INCREDIBLE???!! So sorry for the confusion!

And one other thing I just have to get off of my chest. I love watching all of the US election stuff. It is so fascinating and exciting to me that an African American and a woman are both running for president. But I just HAVE to say that I cannot STAND the way Obama talks. I mean his speech pattern. It just drives me batty! I am so distracted by it that I barely hear what he says. Is it just me??? One of the comedy shows did a parody on him and had his annoying stuttering constant sing-songy way of speaking down pat. JUST TALK MAN!!! Sometimes when he is talking he literally just speaks normally, but then most of the time he has to use this ... I don't know... WAY. And Hillary really blew it with the Bosnia thing. I was so in her camp until this thing blew up in her face. What great television THAT was though! AC 360 and Larry King had clips of her talking about how they were running and ducking while dodging sniper fire getting off of the plane in Bosnia, and how the greeting with the press had to be cancelled.. cut to: Her sauntering off of the plane looking very relaxed, stopping for 5 minutes talking to folks and having a lengthy discussion with an 8 year old girl!! A child! Amid "sniper fire." It was classic. But disappointing. I really think she could kick Obama's ass in the experience department. I'm all for change, sure, but is it also just me, or does most of what Obama says sound like "spin" and rhetoric?? He very much sounds "the" politician. And don't get me even started on the Reverand Wright debacle. How could a man sit in the pews of a church for 20 YEARS and claim to NEVER HAVE HEARD ONE SINGLE WORD of racism or offensive speech coming from the pulpit?? How is that even possible????? Just admit you heard it, at least that is what people will believe. And why is the reverand not coming out in public and speaking himself? Why is he letting Obama take all of the heat for his statements? Like I said - I LOVE watching it. Utterly utterly riveting stuff.

Ciao!

No comments: