Sunday, March 30, 2008

First time "doing" Ayana's hair!

I really really need to emphasise that this is my FIRST TIME EVER putting teeny braids in Ayana's hair. Not only that, her hair is a bit too short in most spots, also her head was almost constantly moving around. Okay, enough of a disclaimer! LOL!!! But, I was watching some video clips on Sharuba.com and just was inspired! Ayana was pretty great thru the whole thing! And it actually looks pretty darn cute! I kind of put the braids randomly about her head this first time, but in the next year or so as her hair gets longer I can do a more methodical box braid technique.



9 comments:

Proudmama said...

It's adorable Lisa! So cute - love the little snaps at the end! :)

Courtney

Mamato2 said...

Nice job, especially for a first time. I find that if I sit Mal in her high chair, put on Hi5 and give her raisins, ro something else that takes concentration to eat, things go quite smoothly. I staretd doing haphazard coil and now have a method and they're adorable. Have fun with Miss Ayana's "do"'s! She's just gorgeous. Hey! How did church go?

Carol said...

I can't believe you were able to do that! I get HUGE crocodile tears when I even put in 2 tiny ponytails, and I'm sure the neighbours can hear when I take them out! It looks adorable on her! What are the clips you're using?

The Warren Family said...

I love it!! I love how the clips are so many different colours!!!

Sebrina Wilson said...

cute, cute, cute!!!!!

Deanna said...

You did a great job on her hair and all the different colors are just sweet.
I will have to take notes just incase our referral is for girls.

Deanna

Alicia said...

Awwee, the baby babies for "do". Good job Momma!!

Dianne said...

adorable!!!!!!!!!!

Jenn said...

You did great!! I swear one of the reasons I am adopting a boy is fear of "the hair"!!!