Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hello

Well, things are crazy around here. Ayana is cutting a tooth on the top and is severely cranky at every turn. Even after she gets Tylenol she is cranky. Thankfully she is still sleeping completely thru the night from 7 till 7 ish. She was very sensitive in the beginning, and I am realizing that that could be part of her nature. Also, some things are still so new to her. Ellie was a very sensitive kid too. So I'll be very glad when Regan is home finally to help me out. I feel for her, she is still adjusting I'm sure, and with a sharp tooth scissoring thru your gums that can't be fun. But by the afternoon I am going completely bezerk with her crying. Even when I am holding her and walking and stuff, she is still crying. Finally she will calm down in my arms, but the second I say anything or kiss her she starts up again. All very strange. And the weirdest things will set her off. Today I have a migraine due to the chinook (chinook? Lovely!) so she was HAPPILY playing on the floor in front of me, and I decided to try the hand held back massager on my neck. She went CRAZY! I am sure she was wondering what this thing was that was attacking mommy. So I picked her up and it took about 20 minutes to settle her down after. I went to the bathroom and she happily played with the fringes on the matt until I finished and then we went upstairs and I combed her hair and she played with this little doggie my parents got her that sings and does stuff. Now she is down for her afternoon nap, and I hope she sleeps okay. On the one hand you feel sorry for them, on the other hand you want to lock yourself in a loony bin!! Anyway, this too shall pass, and I had her in the sling for a good part of the morning while I did some much needed filing in our office. We have our first post placement appointment next week. I just love our social worker. I can't wait to see her! And for her to see Ayana!

OH and probably THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TODAY....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HUSBAND REGAN!!!! AND HAPPY 11TH ANNIVERSARY TO US!!!! That's right, 11 years ago we got hitched on his birthday. He got up this AM and we all sang to him, including our dog, and he opened his presents. Ayana bought him an Oilers Bib, which he loved, Ellie got him a Homer Wii controller holder, and I got him some DVDS. He also, if you remember, got an ipod before our trip, AND he has a magazine subscription coming. He is pretty spoiled! Anyway, I also gave him an anniversary card. He said he felt terrible because he didn't get me anything. I told him I didn't care about that stuff! And I meant it! I really don't! But he still felt bad so I told him to order me some flowers, I love getting flowers. So after Ayana went down in the AM I had a bath. I came downstairs and he was gone to work already. But without saying goodbye, which was strange. While I was fixing myself breakfast I heard the door open and in he sweeps with a dozen red roses, a chocolate rose and a beautiful card! I cried, of course, and he was just beaming. I smile everytime I think about it, or look at them. Ellie just LOVED that he did that! She just loves that we love each other. She is very excited that we get to go on a DATE on the weekend and that Grandma and Grandpa are coming over to look after her and her sister. She has lots of plans for them!

Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Regan! And Happy Anniversary to you both!

Louise said...

Hey Lisa
Do you have a sling, wrap or carrier??? Maybe she would like up in that..nathaniel did...and that way your hands would be free?? Also orajel perhaps?? And I just discovered that Nathaniel loves the real fruit frozen pops...great for teething.
Happy Celebrations!
Louise

Lisa said...

Yes Louise I have a sling, a peanut shell, I use it all of the time. They are the greatest! And a life saver!! Ayana has watched me do dishes, cook, vacuum, you name it in that thing! I also always have her in it when we are out doing errands. Saves my flabby weak arms. Thanks for the suggestions.

Proudmama said...

Hey Lisa,

Our Emmett too freaks out at weird things, but he's a bit of a sensitive little guy. The things that he hates are the vacuum (darn!) and the blender- he starts screaming as soon as I turn them on. If only he'd hate the sound of me dusting or doing laundry! :)

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to Regan!

Would love to see some new pics of your girls! :)

Courtney