Friday, February 22, 2008

Cuteness





































Here are some pics I took yesterday of Ayana. The quilt and little dress, and the little halter top she is wearing (very stylishly over top of her onesie... I was just trying it on and left it on.) was made by a woman in the states. I first saw a quilt like this one at the fundraiser we went to in NOvember and when I got out bidded I tracked down the lady who makes them and ordered one up for us. So cute! Anyway, I forgot how hard it can be to take a photo of a busy almost 11 month old!!! I had to delete about 20 pics as they were just a blur as she zoomed all over. Then my parents came over, and the pic of them at the window is almost identical to one I took of Ellie and them when Ellie was about that age. Yesterday my head felt better and I also went for a much needed massage. Ayana and I are now sick with the cold that is going around, but I feel actually pretty good overall. The headache is back slightly today, but I will be going for another adjustment and massage again in a couple of days because I know that I will keep getting put "out" while I am carrying Ayana around. The last couple of days have been amazing for how I am feeling about our new little addition. I won't kid you guys, it was very tough in the beginning. My reaction to everything was very upsetting to me. I was really struggling with the shock of suddenly having a baby around, and was grieving my old life. All very normal, I know, but it was not nice. But in the last couple of days I have totally utterly completely fallen in love with Ayana, and with our new life together. We had a fun weekend with her, and when all of us are together it is just awesome. I LOVE being a mom to two such unique beautiful girls, and can't wait for what the future holds. The other day I was doing dishes and Ayana was crawling around at my feet. She then climbed up on my legs and as I was washing she just jabbered away in her baby talk and I felt these little arms wrapped around my legs as she patted the kitchen cupboard. It was such an amazing feeling, I cannot even describe. I also just love watching her. I just watch her all of the time, all of her funny expressions and all her new little sounds. Yesterday Ellie went out of the room to get her toothbrush and Ayana crawled after her. Ellie came back in the family room to brush her teeth while watching TV. Ayana was gone for a second, and then we heard her crawling around the corner. When she appeared she had her very own toothbrush in her hand and then she held it up to Ellie. It was the CUTEST thing!!! Like, "Look big sister! I have a toothbrush too!" Honestly, what a little muffin. And in the morning when we get her dressed she lifts each foot to put her little socks on. So smart!








Here are the photos, I have a lot to do while she is having her nap. Have a great day everyone!~

2 comments:

Proudmama said...

Yeah, you're back and on the mend! I missed reading your blog but what a great surprise to see some new pics! Woo hoo! :) It looks like Ayana has adjusted to her new life so well and that Ellie is an awesome big sis.

Courtney

Danielle said...

Such sweet photos Lisa! Your girls are so precious!