Friday, January 4, 2008

Trying to stay positive!

Last night was awesome! My face still hurts from laughing! We had such a great time with our friends, and our kids all got along great. What a lovely lovely family! After they left Regan said, "That was great, hon. It was like we've known them for ages!" Thanks for coming over, you guys! Woot!!

Just before our guests arrived, though, I got an extremely troubling e-mail. The political unrest and riots in Nairobi have shut down the immigration office where Ayana's visa is being processed. The violence is just horrifac, and over 300 people have died already. I cannot imagine what those people are going thru! I really hope and pray that all settles down for those that live there. Obviously everyone in the Ethiopian adoption world is watching this situation very very closely. Being so close to the end of our journey and having this happen is unbearable. International Adoption is so like that though. It's always something that you do not even think about that can cause a delay. I am trying to stay positive, though, my hope is that Ayana's visa is already processed and is in transit. There are other families who are waiting too, and one family in particular has been waiting since MAY and still do not have thier MEDICAL.
I finished Ayana's mural a couple of days ago, and Ellie is starting hers in the room as well. She wrote her dedication on the wall, "To Ayana, Love Ellie" It is simple, but for Ellie, when she writes "love" that's a big thing. Usually to almost everyone it is "from", but to family it's love. Makes my heart feel good. It was such great timing that our friends came over when they did. They lifted my spirits and we just laughed and visited.

Ellie has her first sleep over with her at someone's house tonight. I hope it goes great! Regan and I are just going to stick close to home in case she calls, and watch movies all night. I have been dying to watch the latest Harry Potter movie that Ellie bought me for Christmas. And we are going to watch "The Last King of Scotland".

I'll let you know if I hear anything at all about our visa, or Nairobi. At 9AM the phone rang and my heart jumped. But alas, it was not "THE CALL".

Have a great day, everyone!

No comments: