As we drove to the grocery store, I was watching Ayana closely for any signs of distress. She was very content to just watch out the window. I then patted the van window with my hand, which she promptly copied and that is a little game we play even today. She then started to pop her head up and look all around and make all sorts of the cutest little baby babble!! Meseret was coming with us as we were driving her home. When we got into the parking lot of the store, there was a person at our window wanting money. I stupidly forgot the granola bars we had brought. It felt awful to give nothing. We all piled out of the van and I had Ayana in the peanut Sling (which she still loves to this day! Highly recommend it!) and Meseret led us to the right ailes and pointed out everything we needed. What a help!! I only wish I had grabbed about 3 more cans of formula, as I am finally running out today. But she seems to be taking to the new stuff I bought her. Anyway, on the way out we bought Meseret a big bouquet of lowers and thanked her for taking such good care of Heven, and all of the babies. She was very moved. Then I said to Regan that he should drop Ellie, Ayana and I off at the new hotel as Ayana was getting tired and hungry. He said that was a great idea. Meanwhile Ayana was looking over my shoulder and I saw her give her first really big smile to Ellie. Ellie and Mom both said," Ooooh she's smiling!" ANd I turned around and Ellie had tears streaming down her face and she was smiling. "I'm so happy!" She said. The was a moment I will never forget. We drove thru the streets and approached the Bole Rock. I LOVED the hustle and bustle of Bole Road, and when we saw our rooms I was ECSTATIC!!!!! Bole Rock is a brand new hotel, and one of the nicest I have ever stayed in ANYWHERE! Honestly! Our suite had a little kitchen with all modern brand new fixtures. There was a leather couch, a flat screen TV in the living room and one in the bedroom. It was extremely tastfully decorated, and even the bathroom had all very modern ikea type sinks and fixtures. I wish I could describe it better! Even the area rugs were very funky. I felt like I was in a down town Calgary Suite! And just down the hall and around the corner Ellie and my Mom shared an equally lovely suite with twin beds and a sitting area and a view of the Orthodox church where we were able to view the Timket celebration later that day. It also had a pool, AND a gym, and the best part of all ROOM SERVICE!!!! And the restaurant was excellent and breakfast was included, and it was very quiet. Ellie and I were busy trying to get Ayana's bottle situation sorted out, and that is when I realized how great Ellie was going to be with Ayana and for me. She made Ayana's bottle and kept her entertained and took a lot of video. It was awesome. But a bit stressful in terms of having everything being moved from the other place. We were all hungry and Regan and Mom came in with all of our stuff and we settled in and ordered room service. That night the Timket was well underway and we watched the thousands of people dressed in white walk to the church and around the church. They were singing and chanting, it was so amazing.
That first night Ayana slept from 830 to 630 and did not wake up once.
To be continued
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Lisa
Just tears reading your blog. Im so reserved with the overload of emotion these days, it takes alot to make me cry.
Thank you for sahring.
Lisa
NS
I know that you're sooo busy, but I can't wait to read more! :) Looking forward to checking your blog tomorrow! :)
Courtney
Just wondering if you have any contact information for the hotel you stayed at? We don't even have a referral yet, but I'm still looking around for places to stay when we do get to travel...:-) Thanks!
Bole Rock must have gone up after I came home. Sounds awesome!
Will you post some of the video? :)
Very sweet & informative. It's a RUSH to hear you describe this. You've waited so long to hold a baby in your arms.
I'm really happy for you Lisa! Take good care of yourself Mommy.
Hugs, Laurie
Post a Comment