Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Can't think of a damn thing...

For this title. Sometimes coming up with a title is almost harder than the actual post! In this case though, they are tied.


I got nothin'.


Okay, maybe a little. We had a great night of cheese. The cheese was fab. And the thing with cheese, is believe it or not you don't get too full. You feel juuuuust right. We also had these volcano chocolate cake things. Yu-mmy. We then started playing Wii at 7 and stopped at 11:55pm, just in time to do the countdown along with the pre=recorded Torontonians. We hugged and kissed and I completely welled up. I usually get so emotional at midnight. It is such a big deal (here's me... bah, new years!) saying goodbye to an entire year. An entire year of memories good and bad. Of watching your children grow a year older. Watching yourself add that painful extra number on your birthdate. Praying for a great 2008. I then proceeded to phone everyone in my family. I am not sure when we started doing that, but for the past 20 years, probably? Maybe longer? We always phone eachother at midnight and do the 'ol Happy New Year yell. The only times that didn't happen was when Regan and I were on a sail boat in Australia for New Years in 1998/1999 and then when we were in Mexico a couple of years ago. Otherwise, we usually all find eachother. It's so fun hearing the noisy background and telling your family you love them in those first few minutes of the new year. My Mom also has a neat tradition which I do as well. We open the back door and say outloud, "Goodbye 2007!!" And then we open the front door and say, "Hello 2008!! Welcome!".

Here's to a fantastic 2008 where a LOT of people I know will be meeting their children for the first time, and beginning new lives with thier precious little ones.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Happy New Year to your clan from ours!

You my dear, must call me sometime soon. K, do you need my number again?

Sebrina Wilson said...

Happy New Year!!!!!!! May 2008 see all your dreams come true!!