So, Regan has suddenly become the "guy". He offered to do all of the running around I had to do this afternoon due to our truck being dead. I looked sideways at him, "What are you up to?". And he said, "Hon, I have done NOTHING for days, at least I can do this!" And loooook, it's not even his birthday and I'm saying something nice about him! He and Ellie also wrapped my presents and put them under the tree. There are about 5 of them! I said I hoped that there was just one thing in each or I have to go shopping again. And he said, "Oh, Hon, it's okay, I just love you more than you love me." Nice.
Yesterday we had a reporter from The Herald at our house for a couple of hours. They want to do a story on international adoption and want to feature one family and follow them, literally, thru the whole process. They want to fly with the reporter AND a photographer to Ethiopia and document the whole thing. At first we thought, HOW COOL! We are still thinking about it, but realize that the reporter said (who is very nice) she and the photographer would be with us all of the time thru the entire time we were there, in the car, shopping, laying around the pool, observing and asking occasional questions, we thought we may not want to have that much intrusiveness surrounding our experience. She also said, which we had thought about as well, we would be opening ourselves up to peoples criticism. Letters to the editor and people on the street. Not only that, the story is likely going to be picked up nationally as well. And if for some reason the experience doesn't go well, she is going to write about it. Which she has to, it's her job. And they will likely take video of the gotcha day and other parts of our experience to post on the Herald's website. Anyway, we talked for over an hour after she left, and we will likely not do it, but we are not rushing into any decision. We haven't been selected, but a couple of hours after she left she e-mailed us telling us that she hoped she didn't scare us off, but she wanted to be up front and that she thought we had an amazing story to tell. I am sure the family who they choose and who ultimately do the project will be just the right family for that sort of thing. The other issue is that our timeline matches almost perfect to theirs, we hope to travel in January or Feb and that is exactly when the editor wanted the reporter to travel. It was very nice to be thought of by those that suggested our family to her though!
I had a friend come over with her little 11 month old cutey patutey! oh my, what an adorable little baby girl!!!! SO CUTE!! And she was just a-crawling all over the place!! I loved walking up the stairs behind that padded diaper baby bottom as she scooted up each step! She was a real little giggler too. It was so fun to think that is likely when we will be picking up Ayana too, 11 months. I hope!
Anyway, have a terrifac day everyone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is a dilemma... on one hand, what a wonderful thing to have your whole expereince documented, but on the other hand, some things will be too private to be so public. I really do not know what I would do! Good luck with the decision! Good luck with Ayana getting home sooooooon!!
That is an amazing thing to possibly do!! But at the same time I understand how you would like your own private time as well!! But then it would be so great to have it documented. Tough call!! But you will make the right one for your family of .....4!!!!!
Post a Comment