Saturday, December 22, 2007

Looking back...


This is a post from this time last year from my old xanga blog. (Note: we did not do a Christmas photo this year.)


December 18, 2006


So here is our Christmas family photo. We don't usually do family photos. There is a very good reason, I think, why this is not a regular occurrence. Regan and I tend to get on eachothers every last nerve when we try to do stuff like this. See, Regan is a camera assistant and he is very used to working with camera equipment and dealing with focus and composition and stuff. He can be a bit bossy with those elements. I am an assistant director plus I am a mother so I am used to working with people and kind of well... being a bit bossy. So imagine those two people trying to get something as simple as a family photo done. Firstly we did a cassette tape for Regan's Aunt in Germany. Even Sara got involved with the singing. That was totally fun, but I was being a bit "directorish", however the end result was lovely and the production value was way up there (right Regan? Right????? !!!!!) Anyway, it was fun, and Ellie just loved it! She even played piano on it. How cute is that. Anyway, then we had to get all dressed up, which is very rare for Regan and I, and when you see the photo you will say "This is you guys dressed up?!!??" and well.. yes it is. Ellie is looking spectacular in the dress that Grandma and Grandpa bought her for her BD. So, Regan was trying to get all artsy with the camera and us lining up on the stairs. It didn't work out so good. Then there was this general argument of should we be sitting under the tree (his idea) or should we be sitting on the chair with a bit of the tree showing. (my idea) At one point I went (Regan would say "stormed" but he tends to exaggerate) upstairs and laid on our bed with my book. To which Ellie came upstairs and said very loudly "Can you please just come downstairs so we can get this thing OVER WITH!!!" End scene. So you can see why this is not a regular event. What in God's name are we going to do with even more kids in our family!!!??? People will just have to settle for seeing us in person every year and taking a mental snapshot of what we look like, I guess.
Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Is Eight Enough? said...

Lisa,

You should be a published writer. You just know how to write! You crack me up everytime!

Justine

shaunak said...

Hey Lisa,
I remember reading that you get migraines. I also suffer from them and I take maxeran for the nausea, and a side effect can be facial twitching. Thought I would mention that in case you take it.

Quite frankly, I think it is probably brought on by the stress of a husband with too many motorcycles!

Happy Holidays,

Shauna