Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Get stuffed!


Okay, I am going to go on a bit of a Christmas rant here. This has been bugging me for a few years, but this year in particular it is grating on my every last nerve. Why on God's green earth, do stores and even on television do advertisers need to scream out "GET YOUR STOCKING STUFFERS HERE!!! HEY YOU!!! WANT SOMETHING TO GO IN A STOCKING??!!! WE GOT 'EM RIGHT HERE!!" Why would I-- a MERE MORTAL-- need something called a "stocking stuffer"? SANTA IS THE ONE WHO STUFFS STOCKINGS, GET IT???!!! I was at a store last year with Ellie buying some stuff, and the clerk says to me, "Oh! And we have these little doo-dads that are PERFECT for Stocking stuffers!" I gave her the "crazy eyes" and said, "I don't have to worry about that, Santa is the one that has to get all that stuff." I could have throttled her. The magic of Santa is so precious, and I think WE ALL KNOW by NOW that SANTA STUFF THE SOCKS, and I am QUITE SURE he knows EXACTLY WHERE HE CAN GET THESE ITEMS.

Sigh.





Have a great day everyone. Peace... love... chocolate.

No comments: