So Ellie came into the office after having a very fancy breakfast and she read the blog, clicked on the thing and said, " I don't get it." I said, "THAT'S where you are going!" And then she yelled, "REALLY??!!!" And jumped up, hugged us both and said, "Oh THANK you!!" with tears in her eyes like we had told her she won the lottery. I suppose it is kind of like a kids lottery! It was awesome! She had a great day at school, and now we are off to Chapters to spend her gift card from her Aunt and Uncle and then to Sushi Boat for supper. Then home for cake and a little Wii action. Last night before she fell asleep, I said, "Well, it's your last bit of being seven!" And she looked at me with these big giant sad eyes and said with a quiver,"But I am going to MISS being seven!" And she had a little cry. I was totally surprized as she has been so excited about every single birthday including this one, but I immediatly understood. I hugged her, and said, "I understand." And she went on to say that there were privledges to being seven, lots of things are cut off at seven! So I said, but now that you are 8 there are lots of things you can do! And she looks at me while wiping her eyes and says, "Name one." Uuuuuhhhh.... "You can read chapter books!" I say lamely. She says, "I can do that when I am seven!" So I hugged her again and said, "Think about it this way Ellie, at least you aren't turning 40 like me!" And she laughed her head off! Then I said, "And in 20 years....... I'M GOING TO BE 60!!!" And she just killed herself laughing. We then went on and on about how old everyone in our family was going to be in 20 years, and it was hilarious. Then I said, "It really honestly doesn't matter what number you are, it's how you feel." And other than when I turned 25, which for some reason just irritated me, I have not minded any of my birthdays. Although talk to me when I am approaching 41. I might get a little cranky. She felt tons better, and this morning was very content with being 8, but mentioned in passsing that she will miss being 7. So very cute.
Have a terrifac night everyone! And I'll let you all know if I hear anything pouch-wise in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy birthday to Ellie! That is a fantastic surprise you guys gave her! Will you guys adopt me and take me with you?! No wait...the process would be too long. LOL!
It sounds like you had a great day with your daughter. It's fuuny sometimes what bothers kids....Sam lost his first tooth and cried about it and refused to let the tooth fairy take it. Have an awesome time in Disney...it's my favorite place to take a holiday.
Debbie
Post a Comment