Friday, November 16, 2007

Fun!

Last night was SO GREAT! I had the best time with my nephew, and we laughed and talked and ate great food! On my way home it occured to me that I did not think about our adoption stresses at all the entire 4 hours we were together. Wonderful! We are going to Edmonton this weekend to see Regan's family and celebrate Ellie'd BD with them. That will be a great thing too. And then Sunday night is the Face to Face Fundraiser where we will get to listen to Melissa Fay Greene speak! She is the one who wrote "There is no me without you!" Regan can't go now, he has to work, so my Mom is coming! She read the book too, so she will doubly enjoy it, I hope! Looking forward to the evening and I am sure we will see some other adoptive families there.

I have been literally checking my e-mail every 5 minutes, so now I am going to back away slowly from the computer and do some busy work. Still working on the blanket, it is so easy and fun, and you can finish a square in about an hour. If you would like this pattern, you can visit the Mason Dixon Knitting site and on the left hand side under search, type in "miter blanket orange" or "sisterhood of the blankie" is the actual post title. I have linked it here, hopefully it worked. This is a blanket that they made for a friend who was adopting a little girl from China. It is called "Jamie's Blankie". Anyway, if you can't find it, just put your email in my comments and I won't publish it but I will e-mail you the pattern.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments: