Last night was lovely. And what a turn out!! There were 20 of us!! Ellie was very hesitant about the whole thing on the way there, but once a very nice girl her age showed up then they had a great time at their own little table. It was wonderful to hear everyone's stories as we introduced ourselves all around. The hit of the gathering, though, would have to be those two precious babies!! Both little ones have been with their forever families for about 5 weeks, and were just adorable!! And happy? Couldn't get any happier. Or cuter... did I mention they were cute?? The food was terrifac, and the company even better! And I was so glad that Regan was able to make it. It was his very first time ever meeting another family that is adopting. We have been at this for about 2. 5 years and he has never met anyone in the same boat as him, so that was extremely cool. We both couldn't sleep worth beans, though, I think for me it was the wine (sometimes it keeps me up) and seeing those babies! My mind was just full of all of the joy that is ahead for us, and the happiness I felt for our new friends, and all of the friends whose great news is coming! I also had the weirdest dreams! I dreamed that Regan's passport was missing from the packet coming back from the embassy and that instead one of our friends in film was in there. I was hysterical in my dream. For some of you that have been reading my blog since the beginning, we had quite the ordeal getting our passports awhile back! Anyway, dreams like that.
Today my good friend, her husband and their new little addition are coming back from Ethiopia... HI JACLYN!!!!!!! WELCOME HOME!!!! AND WELCOME JUDAH TO YOUR FOREVER FAMILY!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about their journey. One couple last night with one of the babies was so wonderful in their descriptions of the transition home our kids are all in. They said that the kids are cared for extremely well, and that their dr was stunned that their baby was so far and mostly surpassed the developmental milestones for thier daughter's age! They said to hang in there, that it does happen, and that Ethiopia is amazing! And the caregivers care so much for the kids that most often they cry when the kids leave. It was so great to hear all of that again.
Anyway, must go start my day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment