
This picture is an example of the aforementioned husbands sense of humour. I am now known as the dream crusher. There is something he wants to buy that I had to say "Are you KIDDING ME???!!" And snap him out of his obsession. So when Ellie and I came home from choir, this is what I found in the office with the little desk lamp turned toward it for a spotlighting effect. It was actually damn funny, Ellie laughed for about 10 minutes. He has also been wandering the house whistling the little tune from Charlie Brown Christmas movie, when Linus is upset that the tree has wilted. In Germany everytime he saw a motorcycle he would whistle the same tune. See what I mean? Hilarious.
I took the dog for a walk this AM and prayed the Prayer to St Jude the ENTIRE time. I probably prayed the entire novena a dozen times by the time I got home. It occured to me at the beginning of the walk that it is near the middle of November. If Ayana's medical does not come tomorro, that would mean a very good chance that she will not be home for Christmas. Now I know that my Haiti friends have missed many many Christmas's with the children they are waiting for, so I know it could be a lot worse, but that is WHY we went with Ethiopia so we could actually adopt an infant and have them home as a baby. I am trusting in God that she will be home exactly when she is meant to, and I know that my timing is not His.
We are having a big birthday party for Ellie, my neice and another family member this weekend at our house! That will be so fun! We are all going bowling ahead of time, which we have never done before.
Have a great day, everyone!

2 comments:
She WILL be home....
Regan is too funny! A least a little lightness can keep you a bit more buoyed as you wait for Ayana to be home.
Hon, I truly hope St. Jude intercedes and just for good measure the prayer Padre Pio recited every morning:
Oh my Jesus, You have said, ‘Truly I say to you, ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you.’ Behold, I knock, I seek and ask for the grace of...
(then say each of...)
Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be to the Father...
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.
O my Jesus, You have said, ‘Truly I say to you, if you ask anything of the Father in my name, he will give it to you.’ Behold, in Your name, I ask the Father for the grace of...
Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be to the Father... Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.
O my Jesus, You have said, ‘Truly I say to you, heaven and earth will pass away but my words will not pass away.’ Encouraged by Your infallible words, I now ask for the grace of...
Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be to the Father... Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, for whom it is impossible not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us poor sinners and grant us the grace which we ask of You, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate heart of Mary, Your tender mother and ours.
Hail, Holy Queen...
St. Joseph, foster father of Jesus, patron Saint of Adopters and Adoptees, pray for us
Blessings, Lisa!!
Post a Comment