Thursday, October 4, 2007

Stuff

I am happy to say that I phoned the two exsisting support groups here in Calgary and have reinstated our memberships (I forgot I had cancelled them when our Haitian adoption fell thru), and will be helping to put together a Black History Month Event in February for the group International Adoptive Families Association (IAFA), and they thought that and Ethiopian Christmas party would be great fun so we will do that as well. The other group is AFCAN (African Canadian support group) and I talked to the gal, who was lovely, and there is stuff happening with them as well. THIS is the main reason why a new group would be redundant. These groups are up and running already, and have been for years. So I am looking forward going to their events, and volunteering.

Ellie is about to have 2 weeks off of school. I like it when she is home. We get to do cool things together. Plus there is no rushy rushy in the AM to get out the door to school.

As I said before, I have been feeling a bit depressed lately, and it occured to me yesterday what it is. Adoption burn out. It happens to virtually all of us from time to time. I have been on my computer too much, reading to much, and just thinking about adoption constantly. So I am going to plan a little get together with my best friend and two other girlfriends from elementary school and just have a good 'ol fashioned wine drinking time! I am also NOT going to check my computer as much, and get stuff done around the house that has been nagging me. It's hard to do, but so necessary right now.

Have a great day!

No comments: