I mentioned before that I was volunteering at the World Vision One Life Experience tomorro. I am going to be there from 10 am until 6 pm. It is at the Calgary Women's show at the Round Up centre. I hope some of you guys can make it! It looks and sounds AMAZING. I got my volunteer manual e-mailed to me a few days ago and I was just reading thru it. Wow. I am going to go thru it before my shift and call Regan to see if Ellie could see it. She saw it on the news and really wants to go to it. The idea is that you put head phones on and you "become" one of the 4 children in Africa who are directly affected by the HIV pandemic. One of the kids is 7 years old who is the head of the household raising her infant niece after her only surviving relative (her sister) died in child birth. This one would be the one I think she could handle. The other ones are a little too brutal for her. I posted the video of One Life again in case any of you missed it. I believe it runs from 11 am to 5 pm tomorro.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment