(PICTURE: Ellie's costume this year.. makeup courtesy of Grandma!)Hey there! So my friend, Jaclyn, and her husband met their son yesterday!!!!!!!! I am SO beyond happy for them!! They take custody of him today! She has been a doll and has e-mailed us on our yahoo groups letting us know how they are and what not. It means so much to our support group that parents, when they are able, remember us folks at home.
While walking the dog this AM, I started to picture our "gotcha" day. It is not unlike when I would picture Ellie's birth. I got all teary imagining what it will be like seeing Ayana's face in real life for the first time. I know it will be surreal, and wonderful, and she may be a bit scared. But I try not to have too many expectations of it all knowing that it will be what it is when that time comes. It is getting a bit tricky to plan things in December right now, I am praying that that is when we would go, but who knows. It may not be until the new year, maybe well into the new year. I know one family who is still waiting for their medical and it has been 18 weeks!!!! So you never know.
Ellie's Christmas Gala for Calgary Girls Choir is on December 16th at 2 pm at the Jack Singer, tickets go on sale at Ticket Master next week. It is an amazing concert, and I have no idea if we will even be in town then. I think we probably will be. Even if we aren't it is still an amazing concert and a great way to kick start Christmas. But in all reality, we will probably be there.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

No comments:
Post a Comment