Thursday, September 20, 2007
It's all good hair!
Well, I just got my little hair kit in the mail today. I am so excited! I ordered it from a great Canadian homebased company called Shuruba Hair Accessories. Being a white mother and adopting a daughter with textured hair I obviously have no clue how to style it, but also no clue how to care for it. Last year I bought a great book called "It's all good Hair", and read thru it yesterday. I also took some books out of the library last year and yesterday I went ahead and ordered the best ones out of them. What's great is that Ayana's hair will hopefully start at the soft loose curl stage and gradually work its way to the more tight curls so I can get used to working with it. So now I have this great kit with special shampoo, detanlger, and "Butter Me Up" heavy leave in cream, cute little hair clips in every color, a satin head covering, head bands, beads... so cute! On this gals website (she is also a white adoptive mom of a beautiful baby from Africa) she also has very very handy videos she has posted of her doing various little braids and twists on her daughters hair. Anyway, if you are so inclined.. check it out! Plus I love being able to support a Mom's business. Very cool idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment