Saturday, September 8, 2007

Fuzzy pink thoughts..


Many of my adoption friends got their medicals forms in from Nairobi recently, and now their little ones are going to have their medicals done and then it is just 4 to 6 weeks till their visas are ready and TRAVEL!! This is VERY EXCITING!! It's cool to know each other from before the referral stage when we were all just starting out wondering who our children were going to be! Now we are all puffed up with pride at our little Ethiopian beauties, and sharing each step in the process with eachother. I can't wait until the day I post that Ayana's medical is getting done! Hopefully in about 4 weeks time! (ish) I was staring at her picture yesterday and imagining in my mind what it would be like to pick up her little compact warm fuzzy sleeper clad body. What it would feel like to hold her over my shoulder and pat her little back, and kiss her little fuzzy head, or her warm soft cheek. I am already imagining when she is here and will undoubtedly wake up in the night for awhile (maybe a LONG while!), and we will be rocking in the rocker in her room, or walking quietly until she hopefully settles back down to sleep... or watching treehouse at 4 am!! LOL!! I imagine having to have all of our coffee tables bare, and my knitting basket hidden. Safety latches on every cupboard, babyproofing all around. I remember when Ellie was real little, I felt like we would never be able to have any object on any surface in our entire house ever again! I can't wait for the day I hear her little laugh for the first time, console her when she is sad, watch her as she mashes a mushy cookie into her face and then the highchair. I can't wait to pat that padded diaper bottom, and watch her scoot around on the floor as I imagine she will be crawling or close to it when she comes home. I am very anxious about the flight home with her... hopefully she does not have explosive "you -know-what" as I've heard that can happen, and I hope she isn't too scared of the plane. Anyway... just some random mommy thoughts...


Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

oh, I can't wait until you have her here!! I know how excited you must be and it is not long now!! She will be here in the tundra freezing her cute little bum off. Here's to a quick end process and getting her here for Halloween!

Danielle said...

You hit the nail on the head with me Lisa! The exact same thoughts cross my mind almost every day about Zia as I stare at her picture. I sure hope that its not much longer for both of us!!