Monday, September 17, 2007

E.C.A. - E-mail checking anonymous

Okay, so I am slightly obsessed with checking my e-mail lately. I am waiting to hear something... ANYTHING... about Ayana and our progress. I am hoping to hear.. "Heeeeyyyy, the medical form arrived from Nairobi!" or "Heeeeeyyyyy, here is an updated clear photo of Ayana smiling with her eyes open!", you know... stuff like that. I also checked the Canadian Immigration website and our file still says "unknown" for permanent residency. Sigh. Regan arrived home safely last night from his motorcycle adventure. He had a great time, but is cramping my style as he is STILL sleeping and it is now 9 AM. I am going to have to go up there and do my thing getting my self really going for the day despite his teenager-like-sleeping-in ways. Annoying. He starts work in a week or 2, so we have to figure something out for the routine around here. I can't be waiting around for him to get up whenever he feels like before I start getting stuff done around here. Grrrr..... you women are sooooo lucky, those of you that have a husband that has a regular job all year long. On the one hand we have a lot of freedom to do what we like half of the year, but on the other hand every single time he is home off of a job, or a little solo holiday, it is a HUGE adjustment akin to retirement adjusting. BRUTAL. Talk to any stay-at-home mother who is married to a film person and you will find the EXACT same complaints. I know it's tough for him too, he has a hard time fitting in and finding his "role". Well, how about getting up before 10Am everyday, how about that for your "ROLE.". Sorry... was that me? Eh - hem. Anyway, here I go.... upstairs to do aerobics right beside the bed he is sleeping in. Wait a minute, me bouncing around in front of him? On second thought, not such a good idea. Sigh.

Have a great MOnday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny!! Definitley made me laugh out loud!

The immigration websites are updated on Tuesday...so here's hoping tommorow the status changes!! Not that it really matters though since so many people have their babies at home and their status is still 'unknown'!!

Sebrina Wilson said...

I remember checking my email every few minutes when I was waiting for news and updates on Gabbi. I remember one day our internet was down and I called Rogers and FREAKED out on the poor guy, lol.