Thursday, August 23, 2007

School schmool

We had meet the teacher night last night. The teacher is all business, let me tell you. It was kind of funny, actually, looking around at the other parents who are almost all friends of mine looking unimpressed. Anyway, the curriculum is extremely heavy and the teacher has a lot to teach the kids in the year, so I totally get that, but just a little bit of levity doesn't hurt.. you know?

I have chimney sweepers in my house right now. We have one natural fireplace in our family room and I use it all winter. We have n't had it cleaned since we moved in 8 years ago... who thinks of it? Not us. So when they saw it they went, "UUuhhhh... 8 years is too long." And when the second guy walked around the corner with the vacuum thingy and saw our fireplace he actually stopped dead in his tracks. "Oh." he says. Nice. Nothing like having people in your house to make you feel woefully inadequate! But I am sooo glad to have it done, not for looks but for safety.

I found a great website yesterday in a magazine that my Mom gave me. People, last week, had a great article near the back about a woman in the states that runs an Animal Sanctuary. It is called "Bestfriends.org". She will actually fly a pet to you if you adopt them, and they have all of these little "television" online episodes all about their organization. It is very heartwarming, you should check it out.

I just saw some pictures from a woman that just got back from our orphanage in Ethiopia. The babies are now kept in a transition house which looks lovely! It gets me so excited beyond words to see pictures and hear stories of babies coming home!!

Have a great Thursday everybody!!

No comments: