Saturday, August 4, 2007

Jesse "no show" James

























Underdog...Cute movie... not a great movie... but cute. During the previews there was an ACTUAL TRAILER for the show I worked on in 2005 called "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"! I was SOOOO EXCITED! I think it might actually be coming out in Sept. They are premiering it at the Toronto film fest. I wish I could be there. :( I have worked on a couple of other features that were in the theatre, but hadn't done the run of the show, this one I worked on.. .you know? Anyway, can't wait to see it, I think it is going to be a bit slow moving but a very very good dramatic piece. I have been warning people that it is not an action western... at all... but a true account of Jesse's life. The acting in it is brilliant, and hopefully if they didn't kill it with editing.. it might actually be good. I think the general public won't like it too much though. I think people will find it boring... but who knows? The photo above is a production still from our first day of shooting, Brad signed a bunch of photos for crew and this one I had done for a lady and her daugther who live in Haiti. I personally have never had a "thing" for him, but I have to admit, everyday when I would knock on his trailer door to tell him what was going on and he came out all duded up in his Jesse Gear with the Black hair and quite a bit thinner??? YU-MMY!!! Really really looked good. He even taped down his 3rd finger of his left hand as Jesse had lost most of that finger. Just looking at that made me wince. OUCH. What a pain to have your finger taped all day??? Anyway, makes me miss the people I got to know then... that's the one thing about working in the film business that is tough, you get very very close to people as you shoot. Your with them anywhere from 15 to 20 hours a day for months, and you are in your own little world.. then the wrap party... exchange a few e-mails and then everybody moves on to their next thing. I have maintained a few very good friends (not locally, we are all like family, we all still work together) that live away, so that is great. But, you know, most of the time you all know it's going to be the last time you will see them. Sometimes they come back and you get to work with them again, which is a bonus. Jesse James... check it out.

Now I got in the mood to go thru some old pics of some shows I have done, and thought I would post some fun pics.

The first one is a production still from Jesse, as I said up top. The second is the note that he gave me that went with my wrap gift. A georgous set of silver bracelets that he designed. Wowee.

The next ones are of me and Sam Rockwell. He was one of my all time favourite actors to work with. He was also on 'Jesse". I was more excited to work with him than any of the other actors on the show. The first movie I saw him in was "The Green Mile" he played the bad bad bad guy "Wild Bill" I think his name was. I thought, "Oh my God! Who is this guy, he is AMAZING!" Then I saw him play Chuck Barris (of the Gong Show) in "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" and I was just blown away. He was also Charlie in "Charlies' Angels" but I never saw it. Anywho, in the actors circles he is known as an actors actor. He is one of the most talented guys in his field, and other actors aspire to be him. Honestly, he is amazing to watch work. We hit it off instantly and became good buddy's. The only thing about Sam (we called him Sammy) at times he needed a little bit of convincing to go to work. This is not unusual for actors, most of the time they require a bit of nudging, pursuading, sometimes actual pushing and shoving to get them out of their trailer to go to work. The thing is, is that they know that once they are in their make up and wardrobe, and they step out of their trailer and I put them in a van to drive to set that they are then "at work" and have to wait and wait until they actually shoot something. So most of them would love to stay at the "circus" (which is what the place where all of their trailers, the makeup and wardrobe trailers, and my office is called... don't ask me why, but most days it does feel very much like a circus) until they are driven to set and step out of the van and stroll in front of the camera and immediately do a rehearsal and then shoot. They know that it doesn't work like that most of the time. And they hate waiting, or standing around waiting for set to be ready so they can work. In some cases they are actually sleeping and you have to wake them up ahead of time to get them "awake" and touched up (due to pillow marks on their faces) and sometimes they are very very CRANKY. Usually this happens when we are night shooting, and I dont' blame them. Anyway, in Sammy's case he usually went to set when I would knock on his door no problem, but sometimes he didnt' want to and I started to promise him lap dances. Now understand, my husband KNOWS my tactics for my job, and KNOWS that I turn the flirts up to 11 to do whatever I gotta do. It's all in fun, the actors know it, and I know it... but it WORKS! So anyway, after weeks of promising Sammy lap dances I finally "gave him one". Not really, but we hammed it up for the camera and these are the pictures. He is also the grooviest dancer I have ever seen in my entire life...EVER. Wowee wow wow. I really really loved him, big love, not the "I wanna marry you" kind of love, but in a "I wish we could be neighbors and see each other all of the time" kind of love.

The next one is of me and John Cusack in 1998 on a show called "The Jack Bull". He was AWESOME to work with , and the producers were all his life long buddies from highschool, and we all just hit it off and my hubby(who also worked on it) and I became part of their inner circle while we were shooting. We went out with them for dinner, we were invited on Halloween (along with only about 3 other crew members) to join them for a day of go cart racing (they rented the entire park) and then we had dinner with them and then John, myself, and about 4 other people went to this historical park in Calgary after hours where the security guard let us into the Prince House (which is said to be haunted) and we sat in the dark houses living room for about an hour waiting for something to happen. It was extremely creepy. And if we giggled, he'd say, "Shhh.. listen!!" He told me I reminded him of the girls he went to highschool with, I told him the exact same. He went to catholic school like me and he just seemed like one of the guys I knew back then. Anyway, I visited him and his producers at his apartment/office in Venice a couple of times, and then we lost touch. The one time I was visiting I was 7 months pregnant and they were editing High Fidelity in his living room/office, and I sat and watched the process. John had bare feet that were extremely dirty right by my head on the back of the couch, I kept yelling at him to get his disgusting feet away from my face, and he would taunt me with them. Sigh. Good times. LOL!!

The next pic is pretty self explanatory, it's me and John Goodman on the movie Jack Bull. He was only there for a week, so I didn't get to know him well, but he was very professional and always jumped out of his trailer when ready, and at the end of the day would hang his costume back up. You can always tell when an actor worked in Theatre, John G did, and you could tell.

The next one is of me and Tom Selleck. Now Tom, his security guy Dave, and his make up artist Lon and I were very very tight. I mean really tight. I really felt like part of their family. I used to say they were my Uncles, but they would'nt like it cuz it made them sound old. They took me for dinner a few times, just the 4 of us. One time I was supposed to meet them and when they called I was sooo tired I didnt' really want to go. So Dave phoned and said they couldnt make it, and I told him I was so relieved because I was sooo tired, Then he said "just kidding! Meet us at ...... " So I sat on my Mom;s couch whining how much I didn't want to go, and I was tired... and by the time I got down there they had all been waiting for so long they were already eating their entrees. Noone else was in the resteraunt and they were so glad I finally showed up. We had SO much fun chatting and ribbing each other into the wee hours of the morning. Tom is very funny, and he loves to tell stories. He was telling me this story about the time he was on Conan and he kept asking me, "Is this funny?". I also asked them about the incident with Rosie O'donnell, and it was interesting to hear their side of the story directly from his mouth. Anyway, they phoned me a couple of years back from Nova Scotia when they were at work... we have since lost contact, but I know that if I got to see or talk to them again we would just pick up where we left off. Anyway, he did not allow any pictures, but granted me one but we had to do it in his trailer so noone would know.

I will post some pics of others some other time. But thought some people might think these were midly interesting. And for those of you that have already seen them.. just ignore. And for those of you that are not interested..again.. just move on past them.

We are going to Edmonton today to see my inlaws. Regan is working nights on his Christmas movie.. ugh... poor guy. He started at 7 last night, and it is 8 am and he is still not home yet. Nights are BRUTAL. The only thing worse is working nights in the rain. Double brutal.
My father in law is doing much better. He sounds great on the phone. Can't wait to see him!

Talk to you all on Monday, and have a great LOOOOOONG weekend!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

WOW Lisa!! I had no idea that you did this sort of thing for a living!! Some very awesome experiences you've had!! I am so jealous!!! LOL!!

Sebrina Wilson said...

So cool Lisa!!! I love reading your blog. You have a very interesting life :)

Anonymous said...

Well if your attempt was to make my life seem boring...mission accomplished!! :):):) I"m sitting here in front of my computer feeling very envious!! Brad Pitt...yep you maynot have a thing...But I have since I was 12 years old and saw him in Legends of the Fall for the first time....just can't seem to get over it.....ahhhhh the fabulous life of LIsa!! :):):) Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you today!! :)