Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday

Last night I spent about an hour doing research for Gerard Butler week here on my site. Let me tell you, it was a tough job! Searching for GB pics! I am exhausted! ;) There are a few new ones out there. I think you guys will appreciate them.

Today is foggy and misty. Yesterday I actually did virtually nothing. I even had a short nap in the afternoon! But by 5pm I actually had energy and cleaned our office finally. And did some of our business paperwork. Maybe a nap isn't such a bad idea after all? Tonight Ellie has her very first sleep over. She is beyond excited. I warned her to not let her excitement get in the way of her schooling, as she and a bunch of other kids got detention for talking during reading time. DETENTION! Anyway, she has to miss both recesses today and the morning one on Monday. I am relieved she is not alone in this. I actually really feel for the Grade 3 teachers, they really have to reign in those little 7 and 8 year olds big time. Anyway, I didn't want her to get in any more trouble. Apparently her Dad was the exact same way and constantly got in trouble for talking to much in school. He hasn't changed much, he is still an uber talker!

I am trying to find out the next steps in our process. Not for any particular reason other than I am curious. What is happening now is that they are compiling more paperwork on our Ayana. Her adoption order, birth certificate, etc. And then she is taken for a medical by a Canada Immigration approved doctor. Then all of that stuff is put together and her visa is applied for at the Canadian High Commision in Nairobi (there is not one in Ethiopia) and after her Visa is ready we will get the call to immediately come and get her. As we get closer we will book our flights with the flexibility to change the dates. Someone I know got the call today, and they are leaving tomorro to pick up their son!!! Today I am going to get things set up for Ellie's sleep over, and then I am going to get started on Ayana's room. Can't wait!

Not much else to chat about... I haven't ran in 2 weeks! And before that it had been 2 weeks! TERRIBLE!! I miss it, but it is hard to get back into it once you are off the wagon. Ugh. I was up to 20 minutes straight, but now I will probably have to go back to running for 8 or 10 minutes, walking 1 and then running 5 or something. I am also going to start lifting weights, that will actually be more of a focus than running. I want to completely transform my body by my 40th birthday. That is why I love the magazing Oxygen. It is loaded with women just like me who are all soft and mushy, who decide when they are approaching 40 or in their 40's that they want to get in shape... and boy do they ever! I'll keep you posted on how that goes. I even thought of posting before and after pics. But maybe once I see a little more after... :)
Have a terrifac Friday everyone!

No comments: